February 20th- March 3rd
Book Fair! February 27th- March 3rd
We LOVE our Counselor!
Volunteering in AISD
DEADLINE MARCH 10TH!!!!
5th Grade Parents
Dear Parents & Guardians,
Anna ISD regards parents/guardians of children as the first and primary teachers. This is especially the case in regard to spiritual, moral, and sex education. Sexuality education is the parent/guardian’s right and responsibility; by law, our role as educators through the teaching of courses such as health and other science disciplines is to provide instruction specific to human sexuality.
In response to Senate Bill 283, Anna ISD is providing written notice of our intent to provide human sexuality instruction to students who during registration opted in to program participation.
Anna ISD will utilize the 180 Degrees Sexual Education Program for grades 5-12, appropriate for each age level. Due to the sensitive nature of the program, parents have the opportunity to attend a parent preview/information night prior to the student presentation.
The parent presentation will be held on Monday, February 20th at the Anna High School Assembly Hall.
Elementary Presentation 6:00-6:30pm
Secondary Presentation 6:30-7:00pm
Campus Student Presentation: Thursday, March 2 1:15-2:45pm
Parents can find more information about any instructional materials regarding Human Sexuality by accessing https://180degreestx.com/parent-page-1.
Principal, Rattan Elementary
Gifted and Talented Referrals
4- Day Instructional Week
4-day Instructional Week Calendar
Title 3 Information
Negative Lunch Balances
If your student has a negative balance of $5.00 or more they WILL NOT be permitted to receive the lunch menu item and will be given a sandwich. You can check your students' balance on the MySchoolBucks App. Also, letters from the cafteria will be sent home if your student's balance becomes negative.
When to keep your child home from school
Children who have the following symptoms should stay home and not come to school until these symptoms have been gone for at least 24 hours without the help of medication.
- Fever (100 degrees or higher)
- Sore Throat (with fever or swollen neck)
- Persistent Vomiting or Diarrhea
- Rash (with fever and itching)
- Conjunctivitis/Pink Eye (your child can attend school 24 hours after starting medical treatment)
A child with a typical cold but no fever or green drainage may come to school.
Rattan and Anna ISD Information
- Class begins promptly at 7:30 - students may be dropped off at school at 7:05
- Buses and Daycare will drop off at the front of the school
- Carpool will drop off on south side of building, then front carpool drop off will open at 7:15.
- If you choose to drop off in the front, please do not pass a parked bus.
- To ensure the safety of all students, please do not park and have your child walk through the parking lot.
- Tardy bell rings at 7:30. If a student is tardy, PARENTS will need to come into the building and sign your student in.
- School is dismissed at 3:05. Please have a conversation with your student about their mode of transportation
- Buses and Daycare will load at the front of the school
- Carpool - cars will load on the south side of the building. All cars must have the family number.
- Walkers will be released the same time as Carpool. Oak Hollow students will meet up with Parents and Siblings on the Oak Hollow side of Ferguson (after the student has been walked through the crosswalk. Lakeview students will be walked across the carpool lane to meet up with Parents and Siblings. Westfield walkers will meet in the foyer of the school and a teacher will walk them to the north side of the school.
- Parents must make all transportation changes on the PikMyKid app before 2:35.
- We will not change a student from bus or car rider to walker over the phone.
- If you need to pick your student up earlier than the normal dismissal/pick up time, you must arrive before 2:35. If a student is leaving for a medical appointment a note will need to be turned in when the student returns for attendance purposes.
- Students will not be released through the office after 2:35.
- You will need proper identification in order to pick up a student early. Proper identification is a valid driver's license and/or a picture ID.
- Person picking up the student will NEED to be listed on the Emergency Contact list.