Pepper Drive Family News
January 13, 2023
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Calling all Grandparents Raising Grandchildren and other kinship (relative) caregivers!
Kinship caregivers are invited by Live Well San Diego to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park for a FREE family fun opportunity to enjoy quality time with their families! Register today https://bit.ly/3XhACaG by January 18, 2023! View the English and Spanish flyers for more information.
WHEN: Saturday, February 11th from 8:15 AM – 5:00 PM
WHERE (pick one): San Diego Zoo – 2920 Zoo Dr., San Diego, CA 92101 OR San Diego Safari Park – 15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd., Escondido, CA 92027
Click Here to Nominate Yourself. All nominations must be submitted by February 1, 2023.
Order 6th-8th Grade Yearbooks Today!
Click this link to order yearbooks for 6th-8th grade students. Also, families of 8th graders can purchase Yearbook Dedications through this link. ONLY 8th GRADE DEDICATIONS are accepted. We don't sell yearbooks at the end of the year, so you must order now. The price is $30, but it increases after March 1st, so order right away!
ELAC Meeting - January 19th @ 8:45 AM in the MPR
Spring Break Camp Registration is Open
The Out-of-School Time Programs department is offering traditional and specialty Spring Break camps for preschool through 8th grade. Visit santeesd.net/OSTP for more information. Space is limited, so sign up soon!
Keeping our Kids Safe Online
The Santee School District is hosting a parent training for Cyber Safety on January 19th at Rio Seco School. The presentation will be hosted by Cyber Education Consulting and will cover questions like:
- How do I check privacy settings on my child's profiles?
- How do I set up boundaries in the digital world?
- What are the latest tech trends and what might my child be up to?
- Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Discord, Twitch, Roblox, BeReal and many more applications explained
The event flyer is attached below.
If you plan to attend, here is the link to register: registration link Spaces are limited, so register today!
Help Spread Kindness
- Slow down
- Watch for students and families crossing the streets
- Be considerate of others
- Only drop off in drop off zones
- Park in marked spaces
- Do not turn right or left on Marlinda if the light is red (there is a sign)
Pepper Drive Spirit
Ms. Mowrey (8th Grade)
Mrs. Sullivan (4th Grade)
Mrs. Bakke (1st Grade)
This week, your student(s) reviewed how they can show all of the TIGER expectations at school.
6th Grade Camp
COVID Testing (IMPORTANT – Action required)
All students must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test before arrival at camp regardless of vaccination status, except in the following case:
• Student has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days. If this is the case, please be prepared to provide proof of a positive test, including the date, so the school can verify.
COVID-19 tests may include:
• PCR test taken within 72 hours before arrival at camp (approx. 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Monday 1/30)
• Rapid antigen test taken within 24 hours of arrival at camp (approx. 10:30 a.m. to 11a.m. on Monday 1/30). Home antigen tests are only accepted if administered at school and results verified by school staff.
Proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test include:
• Legible, printed copy of the email from the testing facility/laboratory OR
• Legible photocopy of negative result from the testing facility/laboratory OR
• Pre-Camp COVID Screening Checklist completed and verified by school staff
Any student who does not have proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test or proof of COVID- 19 in the last 90 days may not attend camp until they can provide that proof.
*Pepper Drive will be conducting antigen testing on Sunday 1/29 from 8:30 - 9:30 AM at the front of the school. Please plan on bringing your student to be tested during this time if you don’t plan on getting them tested via a PCR test.*
8th Grade Parents-High School Registration Open
Creative Camp @ Granite Hills (Grades 6-8) FREE
1/12 Parent/Staff Thrivers Book Study Meeting 5pm
Week of 1/16 Progress Reports go home
1/16 Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday (No School)
1/19 PTA Art Night (in Person) & Association Meeting
1/25 Tiger Awards
1/27 Middle School Activity Day
1/30-2/3 6th Grade Camp
2/22 GHHS Creative Camp Workshop (6th-8th Grades) See flyer above