BVN Registration & Fee Payment Open
Action Needed by all Families from July 14 - August 16, 2022
High School Registration and Fee Payment 2022-23
High School Registration for the 2022-23 school year is open. On-line registration requires action by every family every year. Please complete this in July.
Thank you for taking the time to register your child and provide important information Blue Valley North High School needs to plan for the 2022-23 school year. Even if you don't have any changes to your address and contact information, your acknowledgements need to be updated annually. They include:
- Health information approval
- Technology agreements
- Media approval
- Communities that Care survey approval
Below is a check-list to help you successfully meet the deadlines.
Blue Valley North ~ Registration Checklist 2022-23
Step 1: ENROLLMENT - Your student’s course selection was completed in January.
Step 2: REGISTRATION: Update Information
Action is needed by all families every year for health, media, and technology consents, email updates, etc. All parts of registration must be completed even if there are no changes to the information.
Jumpstart to begin by clicking here: ParentVue .Your ParentVUE login and password are required. If you've forgotten your password, request a new one in ParentVUE on More Options. If you've forgotten your log-in call BVN: (913) 239-3000.
Step 3: REGISTRATION: Pay Fees
- High school fee payment opens around July 14.
All fees are open for payment with the exception of course fees, which are assigned on Wednesday, September 1.
Join "The Mustang Club" the former BVN Parent Booster Club & support our students! Levels, payment and benefits are listed on PBC website: www.bvnmustangs.com .
Parking Permits, for juniors and seniors, can be paid in ParentVUE. Information and required paperwork is found below about this optional payment.
- Even though you have already updated your child’s information in ParentVUE, fee payment is required. Click here to pay required and optional fees ParentVue .
Step 4: REQUIRED FORMS: Complete and return to BVN if applicable
Forms are posted on the BVN website: Registration > Back To School > Registration Resources.
Print, complete and return applicable forms to the BVN Main Office. BVN Office hours are found at the bottom of this newsletter.
These include parking permits, optional PE Uniform order form (optional), Student Directory, etc. A complete list is found here: Back to School
Athletic Participation Packets have moved to an online system. The link is here: NEW ONLINE PHYSICAL and PAPERWORK
Step 5: IMPORTANT DATES: Mark your calendar:
- July 14 - High school online registration and fee payment opens except course fees
July 25 - BVN Class Shirt order deadline (see flyer below)
- August 10 – New Mustang Night for 9th graders, students new to North and parents
- August 12 - Athletic participation forms and physicals due for fall sports at 3:00 p.m.
- August 15 - Fall Sports begin
- August 16 – Orientation for 9th graders and students new to North
- August 17 – First Day of School
- August 19 – Fall Picture Day
- August 19 – Final day for students to drop a course and not owe fees for that course.
- August 23 – Back to School Night for Parents
- August 26 – Opening Sports Night
- September 1 – Course fees for 1st & 2nd semester assigned and opened for payment. Students who drop a course after 8/19 will pay fees associated with that course.
- September 5 - No School/Labor Day Holiday
- September 6 - No School/Professional Learning for Teachers
- September 21 - Homecoming Parade & Pep Rally
- September 24 - Homecoming Dance
- September 26 - This week are Parent-Teacher Conferences
- September 30 – First semester course fees due; 2 weeks prior to quarter end.
- September 30 - No School due to Parent-Teacher Conferences after school Sept. 26-29.
Upcoming All School Events
All BVN events, activities, sporting events and additional calendar adjustments are found on the EKL calendar: www.easternkansasleague.org
Step 6: COURSE FEES ASSIGNED AND OPENED FOR PAYMENT
Pay course fees when they are posted in ParentVUE on September 1.
Course fees for 1st & 2nd semester will be assigned.
Students dropping a course after the August 19 deadline will be responsible for paying the course fee.
Step 7: COURSE FEES DUE
Course fees deadline for payment is September 30, two weeks prior to quarter end.
Thank you for your support of Blue Valley North High School!
Student-Athletes Action Needed for 2022-2023
Student-Athletes Action Needed for 2022-2023
Starting July 1st, the Blue Valley School District is moving to an online format to submit all paperwork, including a new physical completed, signed and dated (May 1, 2022, or after) by a physician. This paperwork is required for students involved in athletics and activities at the high school and middle school levels. The online system can be accessed directly through this link: https://bvnathletics.com/2022/06/30/new-online-physical-and-paperwork/ .
If you have already turned in your completed Athletic Participation Packet, please stop by the BVN main office and pick it up so you can upload it into this new online format that was just announced. Summer hours are Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. We will return to regular hours the week of July 25 which are Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
We encourage all students including fall, winter and spring athletes to get this completed over the summer. The deadline for fall sports is Friday, August 12 by 3:00 p.m. Fall sports begin on Monday, August 15, but in order to practice/tryout, please get your online paperwork submitted early. Thank you!
KSHSAA sports teams include:
FALL ATHLETICS (starts on August 15)
WINTER ATHLETICS (starts on November 14)
BOYS SWIM AND DIVE
BOWLING (starts in January)
SPRING ATHLETICS (starts on February 27)
GIRLS SWIM AND DIVE
TRACK AND FIELD
For more information about the BVN Sports Teams and Coaches, please visit the BVN website > School Information > Activities and Athletics > Athletics .
Girls' Golf Team
Happy Summer everyone! If you have a daughter interested in trying out for BVN Girls Golf in the fall, please have your daughter fill out this Google Form. Also, reach out to Coach Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be added to the communication list for any summer information and tryouts in August.
Summer Cross Country Training: June 6 ~ August 12
BVNXC will begin the summer running program on Monday June 6th on the BVN Track. Click HERE to see flyer. Summer running sessions are Monday-Friday from 6:30-8:15 AM. This program is open to all incoming BVN 9-12 graders interested in coming out for Cross Country in the fall. Summer Running workouts will be dictated by an athlete's age and ability level. Staying injury-free is a major goal, so we ask athletes to listen to workout plans and follow accordingly. Another goal is to increase the fitness level of the athletes that attend in order to race the 5K distance during the fall season of competition. We will meet at various locations around Overland Park. Please visit our companion website “bvnxc.com” to see our team calendar and join our email list! No sign-ups required for summer training!
Email Coach Riley for any questions: email@example.com
Football Team Fundraiser ~ July 15
Please join us for the 9th Annual BVN Gridiron Club Golf Classic Fundraiser on July 15th at St. Andrews Golf Club. There's a Mustang Mom's Happy Hour and dinner, and lots of gift baskets to bid on. You don't have to play golf, but anyone can play if you pay! Come support our Mustangs' Football Team and cheer them on as they prepare for their run to the State Championships!
BVN Gridiron Club Golf Tournament Fundraiser link:
BVN Parking Information 2022-23
Below please find the details for student parking for the 2022-23 school year. A Parking Permit is $35.00 per student for each school year and can be paid for in ParentVUE under optional fees.
PARKING LOTS & STUDENT PARKING
- Students will not have a specific reserved parking spot.
- There will be a student parking lot for seniors, juniors and sophomores who are 16 and who have purchased a permit and have their pass displayed.
- BVN parking lot map is attached.
- We will sell 659 permits for parking for the 2022-23 school year, the number of student spots available in the BVN lot.
- Sophomores can purchase a permit when they turn 16 by visiting the Safety and Security office, as long as permits are still available. Sophomore parking permits will not be available for purchase until Monday, August 29th.
- Freshmen are NOT ALLOWED to park in the BVN parking lot and will NOT be issued a parking pass.
- Any car parked in student parking without a displayed permit is subject to a fine, this includes parking in overflow, which is not numbered. BVN students who park in the Staff Lot or Visitor Lot will also be ticketed.
- Permits can be purchased through ParentVue when paying fees. It's an optional payment.
- Permits will not be issued if a student has an outstanding balance from the 21-22 school year or has not paid for their 21-22 permit.
- All students who purchase a permit are required to sign the BVN Parking Agreement (attached) before a permit is issued to them. PLEASE BRING THE COMPLETED STUDENT PARKING PERMIT AGREEMENT WITH YOU WHEN YOU PICK UP YOUR PARKING PERMIT. It is found on page 3 on this link: Parking Permit.
- Permit Pickup:
- Monday, August 8th, 8:00-11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 9th, 12:00-3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 10th, 8:00-11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, August 11th, 12:00-3:00 p.m.
- Permit pickup will also be available during student lunch periods August 22-26.
- ALL JUNIORS AND SENIORS WHO PURCHASE A PERMIT BEFORE SCHOOL WILL GET A PERMIT. THEREFORE, IT IS NOT NECESSARY FOR ALL STUDENTS TO SHOW UP ON THE FIRST DATE/TIME FOR PERMIT PICKUP. There are no reserved spots and we have plenty of permits for students. Please understand if everyone visits BVN on the first permit pickup time/date, you should be prepared to wait.
- Permit pickup will take place at the BVN Safety and Security Office
Please review the information and contact Mike Moss, BVN Assistant Principal/Activities Director, at MRMoss@bluevalleyk12.org or Officer Tony Latas, BVN School Resource Officer, at ADLatas@bluevalleyk12.org if you have questions.
BVN Gym Apparel and Mustang Gear - order by 7/25
Back to School Information
Please find additional information to prepare for the 2022-23 school year on the BVN website > Families > Registration > Back to School including the following:
- Schedule changes and Summer Counseling Center
- Online Athletic Participation Packet 22-23
- PE Uniform Order Form
- PSAT Registration
- The Mustang Club "former BVN Parent Booster Club"
- Student Directory
- Parking Permit Information
- Transportation Guidelines
- Child Nutrition Guidelines
- Seniors Only: Diploma Form; Senior Tile; Senior Yearbook Ads
Class of 2023, 2023, 2025, & 2026 Shirts - order by July 25
Class of 2026 ~ Welcome!
Welcome to the Mustang Family! We can't wait to meet you in August and look forward to seeing our freshmen in the halls of Blue Valley North. Mark your calendar for these dates.
New Mustang Night - August 10
On Wednesday, August 10, 6:00-8:00 p.m., 9th graders, students new to North and their parents are invited to New Mustang Night when they will meet BVN Administration and learn about student life at North. A wide range of topics will be covered and students can attend an activity fair to learn about BVN clubs and activities. The Stampede, our school store, will be open and PE gear will be available for pick-up. The Mustang Club (BVN Parent Booster Club) will have spirit wear for sale, information about yard signs and members available to answer questions. The event will start in the Performing Arts Center (PAC) followed by the Activity Fair in the Commons. We hope you can join us!
Freshmen and New Student Orientation - August 16
Orientation is Tuesday, August 16, 2022, from 7:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. During this "students only" event, 9th graders will tour the building with their mentors, visit classrooms, meet their teachers and receive their district provided laptop. Each student will also spend time with their advisory group and participate in "get-to-know-you" activities with their peers. The morning will conclude with a pep assembly. Students signed up to ride the bus this school year are able to ride their bus to and from school this day since Durham will be running their school routes.
Do you need to sign your student up to ride the bus? Families can contact Durham directly. Click HERE for information.
Student Yearbook Photos - August 19
Rolland Studios is BVN's official yearbook photographer. Picture Day is on Friday, August 19th. Students will go with their English class to have their photo taken. Information will be provided in North Notes about how to purchase school photo packets.
Now that your student is in high school, you do not need to purchase school supplies before school begins. On the first day of classes, each teacher will let their students know if items are needed for their class.
North Notes is the weekly parent newsletter for parents and is emailed every Friday, when school is in session. Please read it! It has schedule changes, event information, deadlines and other important information. On Friday mornings during the fall semester, a Freshmen email will be sent to ninth grade parents. It provides more detailed information and helpful tips about high school life at BV North. Once you have completed your on-line registration for this school year, North Notes and the Freshmen email will be sent to your primary email account. If you and your spouse both want to receive email communication, you each will need to establish a ParentVue account. Please contact our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a second ParentVUE account.
BVN Parent Boosters "The Mustang Club"
The Mustang Club (previously known as BVN Parent Booster Club) financially supports BVN's extracurricular activities (as our version of a traditional PTO/PTA), and over the last 6 years, The Mustang Club has granted over a half million dollars to support our school’s extracurricular activities, organizations, and athletic teams. During 2019-2020 alone, The Mustang Club gave over $100,000 to our athletic and activity programs which supported student excellence outside the classroom. We could not provide the depth and breadth of opportunities that are available without your participation through membership and donations of your time.
The Mustang Club needs your support! Membership is down and volunteers are in short supply. Here are some options for you to consider:
· Become a Mustang Club member at one of the five membership levels;
· Purchase spirit wear The Mustang Club website (www.bvnmustangs.com)
· Volunteer on a Mustang Club committee to support a specific event or cause; and
· Take advantage of one of the many sponsorship opportunities available for those of you affiliated with companies that want to support BVN financially.
You can find everything you need to know about The Mustang Club & membership at www.bvnmustangs.com. As you know, this organization is completely run by parent volunteers so every dollar donated goes to benefit BVN students. Additionally, the organization is a 501(c)3 so your contributions are tax deductible. Thank you for your support and consideration.
We are Mustang Proud!
If you have questions, please contact Janet Roush at JRoush@bluevalleyk12.org or call (913) 239-3000. Enjoy your summer, Mustangs! Thank you!
Blue Valley North Office Hours
July 5 - 21: Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
July 26 - May 27: Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.