The Parkside Post
Parkside at Mayfield Ranch HOA Newsletter - April 2019
Parkside Easter Event
Parkside Easter Egg Hunt
Saturday, April 20th, 10am-1pm
400 Fort Cobb Way
At the playground/pool area on Ft Cobb Way
(next door to the Parkside Elementary).
Obstacle Bounce House, Alzer's BBQ Food Truck,
Face Painting,a DJ and Arts & Crafts!
Several egg hunts with varying start times by age.
Egg Hunt Schedule:
Ages 0-2: 10:30
Ages 3-4: 11:00
Ages 5-6: 11:30
Ages 7 & up: 12:00
Please park in the Elementary School
parking lot on Garner Park Drive.
MORE UPCOMING MEETINGS & EVENTS
Wednesday, April 24th - 7:00pm - HOA Board Meeting - PMR Amenity Center
You are invited to attend the monthly HOA Board meeting at the amenity center. An agenda will be emailed out by Spectrum prior to the meeting day. Resident comments are taken at the start of the meeting. Do you have something specific you wish to discuss directly with the Board? Email Ander Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
May 18th from 8am-2pm Community-Wide Spring Garage Sale (Rain Makeup)
Yard of the Month
A Word From the Board...
HOA Board Appointments
The Board of Directors of the Parkside at Mayfield Ranch Homeowners Association would like to announce the appointment of Brian Eberwine and Chris Rhodes to the Board. They will complete remaining terms of the previously open positions until the next election in August of this year. The Board held a special comment session at the last HOA meeting, and based on the feedback from the community, and the interest and experience of these two residents, determined that appointing would serve the best interests of Parkside at Mayfield Ranch. Brian and Chris have participated in this and other HOA Boards for years in various roles, and their bios are below. Thank you Brian and Chris for your participation!
Brian Eberwine has lived in Parkside for 5 1/2 years with his wife Stacy and 2 kids (9 and 12). He is active in the community, coaching various sports. He is a graduate of Texas State University and holds a degree in Criminal Justice. Currently, he is a Code Enforcement Officer with City of Austin. Before that, Brian was a professional Home Inspector and Commercial Applicator for 18 years, and is a former Police Officer. Brian has been actively involved in the neighborhood for several years, as a member of the Parkside Facilities Committee and the Architectural Review Committee.
Chris Rhodes is a resident of Parkside since 2014 and is married to Keri Rhodes. They have two children, daughters Alaina and M’Lynn. Chris has a bachelors degree in Environmental Science from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. He is a 15 year member of the Austin chapter of Community Association Institute. As a member of CAI Chris stays up to date on the latest changes to laws and regulations for HOA’s while also serving on several committees. Chris is the Director of Marketing and Development for Native Land Design, a commercial landscape maintenance company, with experience in contract review and negotiation, budget planning and management. Chris has also been active in planning and running social events in Parkside, and providing insight into our landscape management.
The Board will ratify these nominations at the next monthly meeting, Wednesday, April 24th at 7:00pm at the Parkside at Mayfield Ranch Amenity Center. Again, thank you to the community for all the comments and feedback on this decision, and thank you Brian and Chris for your participation.
Parkside at Mayfield Ranch
Board of Directors
Thank You Volunteers!
And a thanks to all our resident volunteers who serve on the Flag Committee, the Architectural Review Committee, the Facilities Committee, and more! Thanks for making Parkside a beautiful, safe and friendly neighborhood!!
Did You Know???
2019 Pool Season is Open! Do you have a pool fob?
Pool Rules - The Short & Sweet Version
- You must be a Parkside resident to use the pools. Residents are allowed up to four (4) guests. Children and grandchildren are not considered guests. :)
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. There are no life guards on duty.
- No alcohol.
- No glass.
- No pets or animals.
If you'd like a complete list of the pool rules, please send an email to email@example.com.
Amenity Center Rental
- You can rent the Amenity Center for private parties. The Board has recently adopted a new flat $15 hourly rate with no minimum number of hours. If you'd like to book the Amenity Center, simply click here to reserve your event or click on the button toward the bottom of this newsletter.
On-Site Community Manager Hours and Location
- Ander Mitchell, our community manager holds office hours right here in Parkside for your convenience! He is typically at the Amenity Center at 325 Parkside Parkway on Mondays, Tuesday afternoons, and Fridays. Appointments are preferred and you can set that up by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need to contact the management company at other times, after hours or in an urgent situation and can't reach Ander, call Spectrum at 512-834-3900
- For other general concerns, Spectrum can be reached at email@example.com