September 22, 2022
A Note from Ms. Owens
We had a lot of fun showing off our favorite colors today. I was surprised how many people - myself included - were wearing purple! Tomorrow, we will be in full Charger pride as we have a School Spirit Day and we celebrate with our Fall Pep Rally at 1:30PM. The pep rally will be outside so we can more easily accommodate the parents and guardians we expect will want to attend. We encourage parents and guardians to bring a lawn chair. Temperatures and humidity levels have dropped noteably from the start of the week. Consider sending your child with a sweatshirt to wear during the pep rally if you think your child will be chilly.
As you likely know, we are fully 1:1 with Chromebooks in 3rd-8th grades. This positive move in our technology also means the school needs to implement some additional protocols to maintain a safe, secure learning environment.
- Beginning this week, students will only be able to login to their Chromebooks using their SCA school email accounts. (We have a number of 8th grade students enrolled in high school math programs. Those students will be able to use their HS math logins on their Chromebooks.)
- Also beginning this week, students will not be able to receive emails from outside of the SCA domain nor will they be able to send emails to accounts outside of the SCA domain. As always, if a child needs to contact a parent or guardian, they should come to the school office.
Our Extracurricular Activity Eligibility Guidelines for 5th-8th grade are in place beginning this week. Parents and guardians with children in grades 5-8 should read the guidelines linked above so they are familiar with eligibility criteria and ramifications for becoming ineligible.
A handful of school families are experiencing trouble logging into their Blackbaud Tuition Management account. This is likely connected to the now defunct SmartTuition Management link. Please bookmark this link to Blackbaud's parent/guardian login page.
A Bit More News
- Please see the excerpt from last weekend's bulletin regarding the appointment of Fr. Ken Fleck as Temporary Administrator for our parish.
- On Monday, September 26, our K-8 students will move to regular school uniforms on non-gym days.
- On Thursday, September 29, all students, staff and faculty are invited to wear gold, yellow or a shirt promoting the fight against childhood cancer. A $1 donation is requested and all monies raised will be sent to The St. Baldrick's Foundation.
- Scroll down for more information on the hot lunch program for this year.
- The tentative calendar for the 2022-23 school year is available below.
- If you know of an SCA family who owns a small business that we can publicize here to help support them, please reach out to me via email. Scroll down to see local businesses we can support.
Hot Lunch is Coming!!
What is it?
Once the program begins, school families have the option of ordering their child(ren) a hot lunch from a local restaurant. At St. Catherine, this program is available on Wednesdays. All ordering is online.
- Families with accounts should log into their account and updated their child's classroom for this year.
- Families that didn't participate in the program last year and would like to this year can create an account.
Covid Vaccination Information
If you or someone you know wants to get a vaccine, you will find a button below with easy-to-navigate information for Chicago, Cook County and surrounding counties.
The Sunday Collection
Visit the link below to set up your recurring contribution. Donors can change the amount of the contribution or pause it at any time.
Ways to Support Our Local Small Businesses
If you know of an SCA family who owns a small business that we can publicize here to help support them, please reach out to me via email.
This restaurant is owned by the same family that owns Bar 106, where our Queen of Hearts Raffle is hosted.
This full-service fencing company is owned by an SCA family.
This certified public accounting firm is owned by an SCA family.
This funeral home is owned by an SCA family.
Here is another local restaurant where an SCA family is among the owners.
This breakfast and lunch spot is owned by an SCA family.
So Many On-going Ways to Support St. Catherine!
Friday, September 23
- All-School Liturgy at 8:30AM
- Fall Sports Pep Rally at 1:30PM
Saturday, September 24
Sunday, August 25
- All Family Mass (hosted by 6th grade) at 9:30AM
- 6th Grade Bible Presentation
Thursday, September 29
- Dress Down for Pediatric Cancer Awareness ($1 donation requested)
Friday, September 30
- All-School Liturgy at 8:30AM
Saturday, October 1
- Pack the House - Girls Volleyball
Thursday, October 6
- First Trimester Progress Reports (3rd-8th only)
Friday, October 7
- No School - Professional Development for Faculty
Monday, October 10
- No School
Wednesday, October 12
- Early Dismissal Wednesday at 1PM (Spirit Day, extended care is available)