EBELING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Location: 15970 Haverhill Drive, Macomb, MI, USA
Parents will receive an email with their child's teacher after 3:00pm on Thursday, August 25th. If you do not receive an email, you can check your child's PowerSchool account or call the office on Friday, August 26th.
Suggested Supply Lists for 2022-2023 (click link for your grade level)
AUG 29 - Sneak Peek (see flyer below for details)
AUG 30 - School Begins. Half Day for Elementary (Bell Times - 8:40 am -11:44 am)
AUG 31 & SEPT 1 - Full Days of School for Elementary Students (Bell Times - 8:40-3:30)
SEPT 2-5 - No School. Labor Day Holiday Weekend
SEPT 6 - Full Day. Classes Resume following Holiday Weekend
SEPT 14 - No School. Teacher professional development workday.
SEPT 15 - Open House/Curriculum Night (Times TBA)
SEPT 21 - School Picture Day (more info to come)
SEPT 23 - Back To School Picnic - 5:30-8:00 PM. Save the Date!
If you are interested in volunteering for the 2022-2023 school year (field trips, classroom helpers, copy , book fair events, holiday shop, field day, and more!) each adult must fill out a volunteer background check. I have attached the form below (if you would like a paper copy to be sent home, call the office and we will send one with your child. The form takes approximately 2-3 weeks to process, if you would like to check one thing off your "to do" list a little early, please feel free to email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Contact Info/Updates in PowerSchool
There are several items that all parents will need to indicate they have reviewed on their PowerSchool accounts in the Forms section:
1) Student Address, Student Contacts and Health Information
2) Parent Student Handbook
3) Technology Device Use Agreement
4) Technology Device Insurance Opportunity (due September 8, 2022)
Breakfast and Lunch Information
Breakfast Cost- $1.75
Lunch Cost- $2.75
Since 2020 we have been able to offer free meals to all students, however, this pandemic assistance is no longer available. In order to pay for your child's meals, you will need to set up an account; to set up an account you will need your child's ID number. This number is located on their report card or you may email the office and they can get you that information. (email@example.com)
- Go to https://utica.familyportal.cloud
- If you had an old Sendmoneytoschool.com account it will help you migrate over to the new site.
- Please review this video for instructions how to set up your account. Https://utica.familyportal.cloud/tutorials
- You will need your child’s 9-digit ID number to set it up (you can get this from the office)
- You can access student meal accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to view account balances, deposit histories, or your child’s meal or snack selections free of charge
- You can also make deposits to your child’s cafeteria account using Visa, MasterCard or Discover-a bank service fee of $1.50 will be charged to your credit card
- Breakfasts & Lunches may still be purchased with cash or check; however amounts of $20 or more are recommended
- Checks should be made to Utica Community Schools Food Service Department
- Checks returned for Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) will be assessed a $25 fee
Free & Reduced Lunch Applications for 2022-2023
Free meals for all have ended but you may still qualify...
- If you would still like to get free and reduced meals, you must fill out an application.
- If you are not approved for free or reduced meals, you will be required to pay for all meals for the 2022-2023 school year
- Apply online at Utica Family Portal or https://utica.familyportal.cloud
Enter “Utica Community Schools” and follow the prompts.
- Most applications are processed within two (2) working days compared to 10 using paper!
- Quicker than paper!
Device Insurance for iPads and Laptops
I highly encourage our families to purchase the device insurance for their child's school issued i-Pad or laptop. The deadline is September 8th and the information on how to purchase insurance is below.
Technology Device Insurance- In order to be considered enrolled in the optional Technology Insurance Program, payments must be received no later than Thursday, September 8, 2022.
2022-23 DEVICE RESPONSIBILITY, DAMAGE FEES & OPTIONAL INSURANCE
Student Device Responsibility & Optional Insurance - For all Assigned 1:1 UCS Students
Utica Community Schools is proud to deliver 1:1 technology to our students. Depending upon the grade level, your child has been issued either an iPad or a Dell laptop including charging cords and any applicable accessories. Your child is responsible for the device at all times.
Additionally, a separate Technology Device Use Agreement that includes an electronic sign-off must be provided to the district prior to device distribution. This agreement includes the procedures for Board Policy 6600 - Acceptable Use of the District Technology Resources, acknowledgement that the Student Device Agreement has been discussed with your child, and you have read Board Policy 5160 – Information & Communication Technology. The Technology Device Use Agreement can be found by logging in to your Unified Classroom/PowerSchool parent account using a web-browser (found at this link), selecting “Forms” from the Quick Links menu, and then selecting “Forms” again from the navigation bar. Please note that the PowerSchool app does not contain a link to district forms. Forms are only accessible through a web-browser.
In the event of damage to an iPad or laptop, district policies and practices require a charge be assessed to cover the repair or replacement cost of the device. The fees described below are based on use of a UCS-provided device and any damage to it, whether accidental or intentional, after it has been issued to the student.
Device Insurance Plan for Accidental Damage – Annual OPTIONAL COVERAGE
An annual insurance plan has been designed to help families if there is an accident that causes damage to the school issued device. When participating in the district’s insurance plan for $15 per year, any accidental damage reported will be covered as described below.
Insurance coverage will repair/replace the device for accidental damage with no cost incurred by the student for the first incident (claim). Subsequent damage repairs during the covered year will have a deductible assessed per instance. Insurance will cover a maximum of 3 damage occurrences during the covered year. The deductible fee schedule for each damage occurrence is outlined below. Please note, if insurance is not purchased, actual repair costs (not to exceed the cost of the device) will apply.
2022-2023 INSURANCE FEES:
Insurance plan purchase = $15.00 per device, per year
Device Damage/Occurrence Fees (WITH INSURANCE)
- First Occurrence - NO CHARGE
- Second Occurrence – not to exceed $75 (iPad) / $150 (laptop)
- Third Occurrence – not to exceed $150 (iPad) / $300 (laptop)
- Thereafter – full repair/replacement cost
ITEMS NOT COVERED BY THIS OPTIONAL PLAN:
ACCESSORIES (not covered by insurance)
- Accessories include, but are not limited to, a USB power adapter, charging cable and/or protective iPad case.
- Replacement of lost or damaged accessories is the responsibility of the student. Utica Community Schools recommends Original Equipment Manufacturer replacements.
- Any damage reported due to misuse, neglect or any other form of intentional damage will result in fees up to the full cost of replacing the device, regardless of your participation in the annual insurance plan.
DAMAGE DUE TO REMOVAL OF THE PROTECTIVE IPAD CASE (not covered by insurance)
- Utica Community Schools has selected a protective iPad case for all district issued iPads. Students must NEVER remove the case.
- Any damage that occurs due to the removal of an iPad case is considered INTENTIONAL DAMAGE and is not covered by insurance.
LOST OR STOLEN DEVICES (not covered by insurance)
- Lost devices are NOT COVERED under this optional insurance policy.
- In the case of theft of an iPad or laptop, a copy of a completed police report MUST BE RETURNED to Utica Community Schools. A stolen device IS COVERED by the purchased insurance ONLY IF a police report is filed and a copy provided to the district.
SCHEDULE FOR THE FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL:
Tuesday, August 30:
K through 6th Graders attend half day of school (8:40-11:44)
Breakfast program will be in operation.
Wednesday, August 31 and Thursday, September 1:
K through 6th Graders attend full day, 8:40 am - 3:30 pm
School Age Child Care program (SACC) runs after school from 3:30 - 6:00 p.m. Breakfast and Lunch program will be in operation. Lunch order taken one day prior.
Friday and Monday, September 2 & 5:
NO SCHOOL - LABOR DAY HOLIDAY
The teachers and staff at Ebeling support the recognition of a child’s birthday during the school day - it is an annual milestone in every child’s life. While there are many wonderful and creative ways to celebrate a child’s birthday in school, birthday celebrations at Ebeling will not include food treats. Instead, the focus will be on recognizing the day in a variety of special ways that do not include food treats. Some possibilities include:
- · Class sings “Happy Birthday”
- · Happy Birthday Recess/Gift
- . Sticker/bracelet from Principal
- · Morning “Happy Birthday” PA announcement
- · Parent makes a donation of book to class library/read to class
- · Student reads favorite book to class
- · Non-Food treat bags for classmates
- · Parent/special someone reads story to class
We do not accept deliveries on behalf of students (balloons, flowers, food items) Parents may drop off a special lunch (for their child only, not the class) or choose to take their child out to lunch on their special day. Your child’s teacher will have more information on how birthdays will be celebrated in the classroom. As educators, caregivers and loved ones we all want the best for our students. Thank you for joining us in giving students healthy opportunities to celebrate important events and achievements.