Emma L. Miller Friday Family Focus
Be Kind, Be Awesome, Be Well!
News, Reminders & Updates: 2/4
Good Morning E.L.M. Families,
Happy Friday! Check out TeamKid setting up for the Scholastic Book Fair that will take place next week.
** School is Closed Today***
Next Week at a Glance:
Mon. 2/7 - Book Fair Family Shopping 3:00-5:00pm - School Committee Mtg. 5:00pm
Tues. - 2/8 - Scholastic Book Fair Preview Day
Wed. - 2/9 - Book Fair Shopping Day for Students - Wacky Wednesday
Thurs. 2/10 -
Fri. 2/11 - Half Day of School - Ski Club - After Care/PreK Payments due today.
* The School Committee will meet Monday afternoon at 5:00pm. The agenda is attached below.
* Families, please double check with your student to make sure they have all of their winter gear for school. We have had a number of students unprepared for recess this week, and our extra supply can only go so far or they don't fit everyone. We go outside every day unless it's dangerously cold or too icy. Thank you.
* The Scholastic Book Fair will take place next week. We will offer an opportunity for families to visit the Fair on Monday, 2/7 from 3:00-5:00pm. Students will also have an opportunity to preview the fair on Tuesday and shop on Wednesday. We recommend sending in your child's money in an envelope with their name on it. We can accept cash and checks made out to the Savoy PTG.
* We will celebrate Valentine's Day on Monday, Feb. 14th with Red & Pink Day. Students are welcome to bring Valentines to share with their friends. Like all previous holidays, we are providing treats & refreshments to all students during their classroom parties.
* We love birthdays at Emma Miller! The decision has been made to ease up on the restrictions for allowing birthday treats in school. Students are now welcome to bring in a birthday treat to share with classmates. Please keep in mind that we are a Nut-Free school and all treats need to be free of any kinds of nuts. Also, a friendly reminder that students are only allowed to hand out birthday party invitations in school, if the entire class receives one. Otherwise, they should be handed out outside of school. Thank you.
* February vacation will take place Feb. 21-25th.
A Note from Nurse Jacquelyn:
* Thank you for calling or emailing the nurse, Miss Anderson, and/or your student's classroom teacher when they will be absent.
Have a great weekend!