Miss Marney's Class November 16
This Month at Starside
Monday November 16
- T day: PE and Music
- Sparkle Math
Tuesday November 17
- C day: Computers
- Sparkle Reading
Wednesday November 18
- O day: Library
- Sparkle Homework Help
Thursday November 19
- M day: PE and Music
- Clubs day
Friday November 20
- E day: Art
- No School
We are heading back into addition this time with more digits! The objectives we will focus on are the following:
- regrouping 10 ones for 1 ten
- models to add two and one digit numbers
- adding two and one digit numbers
- models to add two digit numbers
- adding 2 digit numbers
- adding on a number line
- adding more than two numbers
- ways to add
Don't forget xtramath.org is a great resource for practicing math facts. All addition facts should be mastered by December.
Skills that can still be reviewed:
- time to 5 minutes
- counting by 5's forwards and backwards
- adding facts up to 20
- place value number of tens and ones in a problem
- subtraction facts
Fun math games for practice
Reading and Writing
In writing we are going to take this a step further, they will be given one of his pictures out of a book they have not read yet and create their own story based on the picture. Once everyone is done we will read the stories and then compare ours to the story David Wiesner wrote.
The Kansas Library has free digital books. If you go to this page you can click on many different types. The one we use in class the most is Tumble books.
STEM in November
We will be doing turkey baster launchers. We will see how far we can launch a ping pong ball with a turkey baster. If you have any turkey basters we would appreciate them. We are needing at least 5. We have plenty of ping pong balls.
Follow the Activities of Our Class on Social Media
- Class Twitter account @StarsideMarney.
- Text Messages from me when you text @missmarn to 81010. When you sign up, your child will get a pencil from me.
- You can also follow Starside @StarsideComets