L.O. Donald Staff Newsletter
L.O. Donald Family Academic Night
We will host our parent for an Academic Night this Thursday from 5-7pm. The night will begin in the auditorium with the 3rd grade performance and introduction to the night. Then parents will have the opportunity to rotate to four different activities. The bell will ring and an announcement will be made for each rotation. PK-1st grade will be in the cafeteria and 2nd-5th will be in the gym. We will end in the auditorium to draw for the Thanksgiving dinners.
The schedule will be as follows:
- 5:00-5:30 – Introduction & 3rd grade performance
- 5:35-5:50 – 1st Reading/Math Take Home Activity
- 5:55-6:10 – 2nd Reading/Math Take Home Activity
- 6:15-6:30 – 3rd Reading/Math Take Home Activity
- 6:30-6:45 – 4th Reading/Math Take Home Activity
- 6:50-7:00 – Drawing for Thanksgiving Dinners
To participate in the drawing, parents must have attended all four rotations and be present for the drawing.
Grade level assignments for the ten Thanksgiving dinner giveaways are:
- PK & Kinder – 10 boxes Jiffy Cornbread mix + 10 cans of Corn
- 1st & 3rd grades – 10 cans of Glory Greens + 10 cans of Cranberry Sauce
- 2nd & 4th grades – 10 boxes of Stovetop Stuffing + 10 packets of turkey gravy
- 5th, Specials & SPED – 10 cans of Yams +10 cans Green Beans
Please take your items to the Parent Center to assemble into meals no later than Thursday at 8:00am.
Thank you for making this a meaningful night for our parents and students!
Monday, November 16, 2015
- 10:00-11:30 "State of the School" presentation to ED Wright - K. Carter, V. Davis, N. Hagler, J. Johnson, H. Williams
- 3:15-4:30 PD: Annual Child Abuse Reporting training - All Teachers & TAs
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
- 12:00-1:00 Leadership Team meeting - J. Johnson, H. Williams, N. Hagler, V. Davis, K. Carter
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
- National Educational Support Professionals' Day
- 12:10-12:50 3rd grade Math Planning - N. Rodriguez, M. Crossland & J. Johnson
- 1:00-1:40 4th grade Math Planning - L. Green, A. Gonzalez & J. Johnson
- 1:00-5:00 Districtwide Principals' meeting at Hulcy MS - K. Carter
- 3:45-4:45 KFP Expository Writing training at Thomas Tolbert - M. Crossland, M. Donaire, L. Green, N. Saez, J. Bustamante, H. Williams
Thursday, November 19, 2015
- BRIGHTER BITES
- 8:30-9:00 Attendance for Credit Audit - M. Sanchez & V. Davis
- 8:50-9:40 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 2nd grade
- 9:00-12:00 KFP Principals' meeting - K. Carter
- 9:45-10:35 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - Kindergarten
- 10:40-11:30 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 1st grade
- 12:05-12:55 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 3rd grade
- 1:00-1:50 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 4th grade
- 1:55-2:45 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 5th grade
- 2:00-3:00 Title I Notebook Audit - J. Santiago & K. Carter
- 2:00-3:00 Parent Workshop: Developing Teamwork in Your Child’s Education - S. Ortiz, N. Hagler, J. Cotto, & V. Davis
- 3:15-4:45 Girl Scouts
- 5:00-7:00 Academic Night & 3rd grade performance
- 6:30-7:30 All City Choir
Friday, November 20, 2015
- Donald Science Fair
- 11/23 - Donald Science Fair
- 11/23 - Staff Thanksgiving Luncheon
- 11/24 - 4th & 5th grade field trip to George Bush Presidential Library
- 11/25-27 - Thanksgiving Holiday
Family Academic Night Ideas
Looking for an activity for our Family Academic Night? Check out these sights for ideas & resources.
A to Z Literacy Activity Cards - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/FreeDownload/A-to-Z-Literacy-Activity-Cards
Family Math Night on Pinterest - https://www.pinterest.com/karendaily/family-math-night/
Scholastic Math Night Activities - http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/top-teaching/2014/01/hosting-common-core-math-night-free-manipulatives
Family Take Home Activity Bags - https://www.pinterest.com/keriel132/family-take-home-activity-bags/
Subtraction Doubles Games - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/FreeDownload/Center-Game-Math-Over-50-Pages-Subtraction-Doubles-Concept
Cookie Sheet Challenge - http://blog.maketaketeach.com/the-cookie-sheet-challenge/
Make & Take Activities for PK-K http://blog.maketaketeach.com/
L.O. Donald 2015-16 Campus Priorities
- Improve academic achievement through data-driven and small group instruction.
- Build a strong, achievement-oriented campus culture.
- Improve parent involvement and school-community relationships.
L.O. Donald 2015-16 Goals
- 80% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR reading/math in grades 3-5.
- 70% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR writing in grade 4.
- 85% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR science in grade 5.
- 80% of students will perform on or above grade level on the Iowa/Logramos K-2