Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
Academic Decathlon, coached by Mrs. Carol Gould, competed against 10 different East Valley teams last week and did an outstanding job representing CHS.
Mason Haskett, CHS Sophomore viola player, was selected to play in the Southwest Youth Ballet's Nutcracker Pit Orchestra in December. Nathan joined the orchestra for four performances of the Nutcracker Ballet. Congratulations, Nathan!
Boys Varsity Soccer
The Boys Varsity Soccer Team will head to Florida this Wednesday to play in the MAST tournament hosted by Montverde Academy. Host Montverde Academy (Montverde, Fla.) was riding a 117-match undefeated streak entering the 2015-16 season (just recently losing their first game 2 weeks ago). Chandler, Gulliver Prep (Miami, Fla.), Cathedral (Los Angeles, Calif.) and St. Paul's (Covington, La.) are coming off state title-winning seasons. Sam Houston (Arlington, Texas) was a Texas 5A state semifinalist. Perennial Florida title contenders Melbourne (Melbourne, Fla.) and Tampa Jesuit (Tampa, Fla.) round out what is the strongest field ever for the three-day showcase. Montverde Academy will be broadcasting daily, live from the Field. To view the games on your computer, go to montverde.tv and click on the “View Live Event” button. Viewing all games is free. The final game will be on the national level when the final two games will be broadcasted on TopDrawerSoccer.com. Good luck, Wolves!
last week's winning scores
- Freshman Girls Basketball def. Gilbert 52-37 and Basha 36-35
- JV Girls Basketball def. Gilbert 62-3 and Basha 57-26
- Varsity Girls Basketball def. Gilbert 49-47 and Basha 38-35
- Varsity Boys Soccer def. Mountain Pointe 6-1
- Freshman Boys Basketball def. Casteel 40-33 and Basha 61-45
- Varsity Boys Basketball vs Basha W 71-67
this week's home events
- Monday 1/11: Boys Basketball vs Skyline- Freshman @ 4 pm; JV @ 5:30pm; Varsity @ 7pm; JVB Girls Soccer vs Xavier @ 4 pm; JVB Boys vs Casteel @ 6 pm
- Tuesday 1/12: Boys Basketball vs Gilbert- HS Freshman @ 4 pm; JV @ 5:30 pm; and Varsity @ 7pm; Boys Soccer vs Basha JV @ 4 pm and Varsity @ 6 pm
- Wednesday 1/13: Varsity Wrestling @ 4 pm; JVB Boys Soccer vs Hamilton @ 4 pm
- Friday, 1/15: Girls Soccer vs Perry- JV @ 4 pm and Varsity @ 6 pm; Girls Basketball vs Mountain Pointe- Freshman @ 4 pm; JV @ 5:30 pm; and Varsity @ 7 pm
Last week, CHS’s Career and Tech Ed (C.T.E.) Department hosted eighth graders from Willis and Andersen Junior Highs to tour several classrooms and check out programs available to them next year. CHS students did a terrific job of explaining their programs and demonstrating skills from classes such as Engineering, Automotive, Culinary, Agriscience, Woods, and Media Production. In addition, future Wolves got advice from current students, enjoyed lunch on campus and received an “I AM A WOLF” t-shirt. It was a terrific event!
The Sun Lakes Rotary Club is sponsoring a speech contest this spring, with the finalists from all CUSD high schools presenting their winning speeches at a Rotary Club meeting on April 5th for final judging.
Chandler High has been invited to send one contestant, so preliminary speaking rounds will begin mid-February in order to select that student. For details, please stop by Ms. Tierney’s office (room 113) to pick up the information sheet. All students, grades 9-12, are eligible to compete to be the CHS representative for the final round in April.
save the dates
IB Informational Meeting
Tuesday, Jan. 12th, 6pm
350 North Arizona Avenue
Parents of sophomores are invited to an IB Informational meeting on Tuesday, January 12th at 6pm in the Media Center. Mrs. Bender will be going over information about the IB Diploma Program and the IB Career-Related Program for 11th and 12th grades. Registration for these programs is available online at the following website: IB Meeting Registration.
Chandler High School Curriculum Night
Thursday, Jan. 14th, 5:45-7:30pm
250 North Arizona Avenue
Doors open at 5:45 PM, and presentations will begin at 6:30
- Displays from each department
- Information about all of our athletic, art and extracurricular programs
- Brief presentation by CHS administrators and program coordinators
- Meet teachers face to face
- Get information about our amazing programs
Great for current 8th grade families or others interested in transferring to CHS.
CHS Honors Program Information Night
Thursday, Jan. 21st, 6-7:30pm
250 North Arizona Avenue
- IB-MYP program for 9th and 10th grade students
- IB-Diploma program for 11th and 12th grade students
- AP classes available to all grade levels
- Information about Honors classes for all grade levels
financial aid presentation
The Chandler Unified School District’s Financial Aid Night will be held at the Chandler Center for the Arts on Wednesday, January 13th from 6-8pm. No RSVP required. Doors open at 5:30pm. A Director of Financial Aid from a nearby college will present valuable financial aid info. Hope to see you there!
boys basketball fundraiser
The boys basketball boosters will be hosting a dine out night at Rubios on January14th from 2pm to close. Visit the Rubios at Chandler Fashion Center, and present the Rubios fundraising flyer to have a portion of your meal's proceeds donated back to the boys basketball program. In order for CHS Basketball to receive the fundraising money, you must bring the flyer with you on your visit. Come out and enjoy some great food while helping the boys basketball team fundraise. Go Wolves!
RESCHEDULED PARENT EDUCATION NIGHT
Thursday, Jan. 21st, 6:30-8pm
350 North Arizona Avenue
The Marching Band will be hosting a Goodwill Donations Fundraiser on January 30th between 9am and noon in the Sophomore Parking Lot on Chandler Blvd. People can bring any household items, furniture, clothing, shoes, books, toys, bikes, exercise equipment, TV’s, etc., that they want to donate. The CHS band will receive money per pound of items donated. Weight sets are much appreciated, but no construction items or automotive items will be accepted. If you have a lot of items to donate, you can contact the boosters on the band website http://chandlerhighband.org and they will get the band truck to help pick up items. View the donation flyer for additional info. Thanks for your support!
senior panoramic photo
The Senior Panoramic Photo is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 14th, at 8 a.m. on the practice field (subject to change if the ground is too soft). View the panoramic photo flyer for order and delivery information.
YEARBOOK SENIOR ADS
Deadline: January 15th without a fee
From Jan.15 – Feb. 5, 2015 - LATE FEE of $25.00
Last Day to purchase a Senior Ad Feb. 5th
Process for purchasing a Yearbook Senior Ad: For more information, visit the yearbook website.
- Payment for the Ad: Cash or a check written to Chandler High School Yearbook, paid to the bookstore.
- Give bookstore your envelope with student name, grade, email address, & ID number on it. In the envelope include Senior Ad Order Form which shows page option (⅛, ¼, ½, full).
- If you are NOT submitting through email, include Senior Ad form, photos & TYPED text in envelope. You are encouraged to send photos & text thru email address below.
- Count the photo spaces on the yearbook spread that you have chosen, and only send that many photos through the email. You may only be able to send 1 to 3 photos maximum for each email you send us. This is the preferred way of sending photos & text to us. Pictures will NOT be returned! If you do not have email, you can submit photos on a CD put it in an envelope and then give to Bookstore.
Also, text must be typed and sent to the email address below. If you have no access to a computer, the information will be available at the school bookstore.
Email address: email@example.com
Community Ed Positions Available
It's not too late! Help support extra-curricular activities and extended learning beyond the regular school day by making a tax credit donation to Chandler High School. The state of Arizona allows taxpayers to receive a tax credit of up to $200 ($400 if married and filing jointly) when you make a tax credit donation to our school. Yes, taxpayers receive a dollar-for-dollar credit towards their state tax return. Tutoring, student clubs and field trips are just a few of the enrichment programs that are supported through tax credit donations. Click here for more info, and please name Chandler High School as the recipient of your donation. Thank you for your support!