Zinc or Swim, You Decide!
My project is over the element called Zinc. Here are some things you should know about this element.
- Symbol: Zn
- Atomic number: 30
- Atomic Mass: 65.4
- Number of Protons: 30
- Number of Neutrons: 35
- Number of Electrons: 30
- Melting Point: 419.5 degrees Celsius
- Boiling Point: 907 degrees Celsius
- Normal Phase: Solid
- Cost: $11 for 100 grams
- Classification: Metal
My Element belongs to the Transition Metal Family. The origin of the name is from the German word Zin (meaning tin). This element was discovered by Andreas Marggraff in 1746.
Now here are some interesting facts about the element Zinc.
- Rolled Zinc is used as part of batteries use.
- Zinc compounds have been used for at least 2,500 years in the production of brass.
- The U.S. Penny is 98% zinc, with a copper coating.
- Zinc oxide has been used for years to soothe diaper rash and relieve itching.
- Over 2 million tons of zinc are recycled annually.
- Zinc is used throughout the world largely to protect steel against rust.
There are the sites i used..