Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Math "Word Processor"
With FastFig you can quickly edit and solve everything from arithmetic to calculus. Type and share interactive math documents online and with mobile devices. Your keystrokes instantly become math symbols.
Graphs, videos, and pictures can be added.
Hum that Tune!
Singing a song to yourself, but can’t remember the title or the words? This can be really distracting when you are trying to create a lesson, teach, etc. Midomi to the rescue!
This site lets you search by sound, humming the tune into your microphone and finding music that matches.
In case you cant see it closely, the doctor in the cartoon is holding a jar with musical notes floating around in it!
Tips for Negotiation
Read the entire article in the link below for further explanations of each step.
- Do a little homework.
- Late night FM DJ voice. Speak in calm, measured tones and smile as you talk.
- Start with "I'm sorry." It grabs their attention and empowers them.
- "This is going to sound harsh..." It sets them up for something big and makes whatever you say a relief.
- Turn a complaint call into an appreciation call. This is forced empathy. They'll want to help you.
- A focused comparison with an open-ended question.
Five Minutes Left of Class?
Here are a couple samples below:
What Should I Read Next?
The Story of Food
A fifth-grade class from Kansas recorded this rap song about the 44 Presidents of the US.