L.O. Donald Staff Newsletter
I saw this on a blog called "Dear Teacher/Love Teacher" and knew it would be the perfect message this week.
You are almost there! You have almost made it! Holiday break is just around the corner. You can almost count the minutes!
You have worked so hard to keep students engaged. You have poured your heart out. You have put in the hours and the energy to capture their hearts and minds. You have tried to make this time before break both educational and memorable. And you have done it. You have knocked it out of the park!
It may not have been perfect, but you have done well, my friend. Great job! Amazing! You are such a great teacher!
The students may not always appreciate the work you do now, but you are making a difference. You are doing so well. Every minute may not be awesome, but your awesome never stops. Nice job. You have done what you do so well. You are so awesome!
Thank you for all that you do. Thank you for working so hard. Thank you for caring so much. Thank you for being you.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!
I hope you have the best holiday break ever! Take it easy. Take a break. Rest. Relax. Get charged up for the rest of the year!
You are so awesome! You are so amazing! Your students need you and you are making a difference in their lives. Keep on teaching, Teacher!
Have a great break, you have earned it and deserve it!
I couldn't have said better... Bless you All!
Monday, December 14, 2015
- ACP Testing 3-5 Language Arts
- ACP Testing Math - Bilingual Kindergarten
- All tests administrators will switch & practice testing will be in small groups
- Specials - All students must attend
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
- ACP Testing K-5 Math
- Faculty & Staff Holiday Celebration at Vera Cruz
Wednesday, December 16, 2015
- ACP Testing K-5 Reading
- Reasoning Minds Data Meeting at 10:30 - J. Johnson
- Districtwide Principals' Meeting 12:30-5:30 at Hulcy MS - K. Carter
Thursday, December 17, 2015
- ACP Testing 3-5 Art, Music & PE in homerooms
- ACP Testing - Kinder Bilingual - Reading
- Accelerated Reader Awards Presentation 1:30 in the auditorium
- Girl Scouts 3:15-4:45
- Winter Concert 6:00-7:00m - All grade levels
Friday, December 18, 2015
- End of the 3rd 6 weeks
- Holiday Around the World
- Class Holiday Parties - begin at 2:15
- 12/18-1/1 Winter break
- 1/4 - Professional Development Day
- 1/5 - Teacher Prep day
- 1/6 - Students return/ beginning of 4th 6 weeks
- 1/11 - Achieve 3000 training - 3-5 RLA
L.O. Donald 2015-16 Campus Priorities
- Improve academic achievement through data-driven and small group instruction.
- Build a strong, achievement-oriented campus culture.
- Improve parent involvement and school-community relationships.
L.O. Donald 2015-16 Goals
- 80% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR reading/math in grades 3-5.
- 70% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR writing in grade 4.
- 85% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR science in grade 5.
- 80% of students will perform on or above grade level on the Iowa/Logramos K-2