Cuban Missile Crisis
- USSR-The USSR was allied with Cuba and moved in Nuclear Missiles
- US-The US told USSR they would move their missiles out of Turkey if they moved theirs out of Cuba
When and Where
- Where-Cuba the Country was taken control of by the super powers.
- When-October 14 1962 to October 28 1962
- USSR allied with Cuba then moved in nuclear missiles and this made the US nervous and we took action because we were within range in a large portion of the US of a nuclear strike
- This increased tensions between the US and Cuba but also taught the US to compromise without threatening another Country
January 12th 1961-JFK Quarantines Cuba
April 12th 1961-Kennedy says he will not use military force to remove Castro
April 15th-19th 1961- Bay of pigs invasion
October 17th 1961- Intermediate nuclear weapon is discovered
November 21st 1961-JFK ends quarantine
- "The Cuban Missile Crisis." History Today. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2016.