HIV & AIDS In Sub-Saharan Africa
- Of the estimated 39.4 million infected with HIV/AIDS, more than 2/3 of them are in Africa.
- On average, AIDS is responsible for about 1.2 million deaths in Sub-Saharan Africa annually.
- The disease is associated with the preparation for human consumption of flesh from freshly killed chimpanzees.
- Many governments in Africa denied that HIV & AIDS were a problem for years.
- In 2007, another 1.9 million people got HIV/AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- 91% of the world's HIV-positive children live in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Because of HIV and AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa, the life expectancy is only 54.4 years of age.
- 71% of HIV/AIDS related deaths in 2011 were in Sub-Saharan Africa.