The Patriot Press
Volume 2...September 27, 2019
Student Created, CCA Approved.
- Tuition payments, if you are paying monthly, are due on the 10th. Anytime the 10th falls on a weekend, you may pay on Friday or on the following Monday without the late fee being being assessed.
- Lunch calendars will go home this Friday for October.
- Mission Days are every Friday. CCA supports two missionaries each year with the money raised on Mission Day. This year we are supporting Jared and Michele Houk, missionaries in Nepal and the Show-Me Christian Youth Home in MO. By giving $2 per month to Missions students can wear a CCA t-shirt/sweatshirt and jeans to school every Friday. Please do not wear jean shorts or capris, only jeans with no rips or holes in them. For students who do not have a CCA t-shirt/sweatshirt yet, please wear your uniform shirt and jeans if you would like to participate. Students may also wear regular uniform shorts with a CCA shirt on these days.
- CCA is collecting Box Tops and Best Choice labels. If you have some you would like to donate, please do so by Monday, October 14th. The labels will be submitted and redeemed for cash for the school.
- This year, the book fair will feature fiction and non-fiction books for all ages from the Usborne Book Company. The book fair will be October 2-4th in the CCA gym and set up will be October 1st from 8-9:00am for anyone who wants to help. On Wednesday October 2nd, it will be open from 7:30-8:30am for 7-10th grade to purchase. On Thursday, October 3rd, it will be open from 7:30-9:00am and from 2-3:30pm. Friday October 4th it will be open from 10-11:30am and from 12:30-3:00pm. We need volunteers to work. Please call 660-890-2111 to sign up!
CCA Service Projects
Upper school Makes Bibles at Harvest Baptist Fellowship
7th - 12th grade recently went to Harvest Baptist to assemble Bibles on Tuesday, September 25th. The students correlated the chapters in order, they flattened the pages of the Bible, then they put the Bibles together, and finally cut the Bibles. These Bibles are meant to be distributed in Texas, Mexico, Jamaica, local jails and prisons, and to wounded veterans.
School Events for September 28th through October 11th
Book fair set-up 8:00-9:00
1st/2nd/3rd grade field trip to KC symphony 8:30-3:00
First tech Challenge (FTC) 3-4:30 in Gym
First Lego League (FLL) 5:30-7 in modular
K4-3rd grade fire prevention 1:00-2:00
4th-8th fire prevention 2:00-3:00
Midterms go home
Book fair open 7:30-9:00 and 2:00-3:30
K4-K5 Grandparents’ tea 10:00-10:45
4th/5th/6th Grandparents' tea 12:30-1:15
1st/2nd/3rd Grandparents’ tea 1:45-2:30
Book fair open 10:00-11:30 and 12:30-3:00
FTC 3-4:30 in gym
FLL 3-4:30 in modular
tuition payments due if paying monthly
5th and 6th grade event at the Manning’s house
Health Screenings took place Tuesday, September 17 in the morning at CCA, and was provided by Golden Valley Medical Healthcare. Here are some pictures from the event.
Patriots Take Second Place in Soccer Tourney
CCA JH soccer competed in the Trinity tournament Saturday, September 14 in Alma, Missouri. They faced Bethany in the first game. It was very competitive and in the end CCA won 3-2, which put them in the championship bracket. CCA then played Trinity for first place. Kaiden Townsend and Eli Griffey both had great goals, but CCA fell 3-2 and received 2nd place.
Sporting Events for September 30th through October 10th
Home HS volleyball Tri-match. 5:00 CCA vs GVC, 6:00 GVC VS TC, 7:00 CCA VS TC
JH and 5/6th soccer at St. Paul (Concordia). JH at 4:30 and 5/6th at 5:30. Bus departs at 3:00 and returns at 7:45
JH and 5/6th soccer at home vs. St. Peter. JH at 4:30 and 5/6 at 5:30.
JH and 5/6th volleyball at home. JH at 6:30 and 5/6th at 7:30
HS volleyball tournament at Lake Christian 8:45 AM-4:45 PM. CCA plays at 8:45 and 11:45 with tournament play starting at 1:00.
5/6/7th grade Park and Rec soccer 9:30-10:30
Home JH/HS volleyball vs Training Center. JH at 4:30 and HS at 5:30
Home HS/JH volleyball vs Lake Christian. JH at 5:00 and HS at 6:00
CCA Spikes Leesville
The JH A team played the first match against the Leesville Blue Jays on Thursday, September 19. The Patriots won the first set, fell to the Blue Jays in the second, and came back in the last to win the entire match. The B team also had a great game as they won two out three sets and won their match as well. It was a great night for the Patriots!
Volleyball Tri - Match at ElDorado
The CCA Patriots volleyball team played a very intense tri-match at El Dorado on Monday, September 16th. This was a very tough game for the Patriots as they were sadly defeated by both teams at the tri-match. Although the Patriots lost, they are showing improvement and doing a good job of playing together as a whole.
CCA Teacher Spotlight
Mrs. Sargent began her 2nd year of teaching here at CCA this year. The Lord gave her the spiritual gift and a love and passion for teaching. Mrs. Sargent’s favorite thing about teaching is being able to train and influence students systematically to be and become responsible, productive members of society who love Christ and will live that out. Mrs Sargent’s birthday is August 12, and she was saved in August of 1991, when she was 15 years old. Her favorite things to do at home are domestic things that include: cooking for her family, decorating her home, crocheting, working in her flower garden, and spending time with her family. Also, Mrs. Sargent’s favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Mrs. Sargent attends Northeast Baptist Church and her favorite Bible verse is Psalm. 91:4 “He will cover you with His feathers; you will take refuge under His wings. His faithfulness will be a protective shield.”
Student Council Polls Are In
Student Council is for 4th-12th grades and the meetings are twice a month. New officers and class representatives were elected last week, using polls on the computer to vote. Two class representatives were elected from each grade and six high-schoolers were voted in. Out of these six, four students were selected as officers. Lydia Lanning was voted in as President, Molly Briggs as Vice President, Scott Ferguson as Secretary, and Jon Ferguson as Treasurer.
All Student Council representatives, 4th-12th.
Abram Dody and Parker Lowe are the newest 4th grade representatives.
Junior class officers Molly Briggs and Lydia Lanning
The First Lego League is for all kids in 4th-8th grades. The team meets every Friday from 3-4:30 and every Tuesday from 5:30-7 in the modular.
Don't forget the first meeting is tonight from 3 to 4 pm in the CCA lunchroom. Rosalyn Wisniewski is our CCA coordinator. Parents should plan to attend the first meeting. The 4H year officially begins on Oct.1st. Dues will be $15 ($5 to CCA, and $10 payable to the extension office or online). 4H is for ages 5 to 18 and promotes leadership, citizenship, and life skills through fun, hands-on activities.