Eagle Edition January
Euclid Elementary School 2022-23
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
- ¡Haga clic en el enlace TRADUCIR y seleccione su idioma preferido!
- Kliknij link TŁUMACZ i wybierz preferowany język!
- TRANSLATE എന്ന ലിങ്കിൽ ക്ലിക്ക് ചെയ്ത് നിങ്ങൾക്ക് ഇഷ്ടപ്പെട്ട ഭാഷ തിരഞ്ഞെടുക്കുക!
- અનુવાદ લિંક પર ક્લિક કરો અને તમારી પસંદગીની ભાષા પસંદ કરો!
- ترجمہ لنک پر کلک کریں اور اپنی پسند کی زبان منتخب کریں!
Message from Ms. Daly
We are all very excited to see your children return to the halls of Euclid - we have missed them. When we return an important part of the first week back after a long break is to review school expectations.
You can help us prepare your child for their return by reviewing what it means to:
BE READY TO LEARN
We will also be spending additional time during morning announcements and morning meetings talking about appropriate strategies to diffuse conflict and understand the difference between "small problems" and "big problems" and the difference between "tattling" and "telling"/"asking for help". For example, to offer a common understanding, here is the difference between peer conflict and bullying:
In normal conflict, children self-monitor their behavior. They read cues to know if lines are crossed, and then change their behavior in response. Children guided by empathy usually realize they have hurt someone and will want to stop their negative behavior. Empathy, self-regulation, and problem solving skills are a regular part of our morning meetings and 2nd Step curriculum.
Always, if you or your student has any information about a potential bullying situation, please let your teacher, social worker, or school administration know right away.
Karen Daly, Principal
What's Happening @ Euclid?
January 2023-Happy New Year!
ACCESS Testing for Multilingual Students begins this month!
- 10 - School Resumes
- 11 - No PTC Meeting
- 16 - No School - Martin Luther King Day
- 17 - Kid Squad AM/PM meets at Euclid - drop off/pick up @ Door #17
- 17 - Board of Education Meeting 7pm
- 31 - Euclid Chipotle Fundraiser
Reminder for 5th grade orchestra rehearsals: Tuesday & Friday mornings @ Euclid
Local & State Testing Updates
Winter Benchmark Assessments
Students completed the winter MAP (grades 2-5) and Aimsweb (grade 1) assessments before winter break. Individual student reports will be shared in January.
Students identified as Multilingual Learners (ML) will be taking the annual ACCESS test for English Language Proficiency during the month of January. The test has FOUR parts: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. ACCESS testing will take place over the course of several weeks. If you have questions please contact your child's homeroom or ML teacher.
- February - CogAT (grades 3 and 5)
- March - Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) (grades 3-5); Illinois Science Assessment (ISA) (grade 5)
- April - Spring MAP (grades 2-5)
- May - Spring Aimsweb (grade 1) & Spring Panorama
More information about upcoming testing will be available as we get closer to the administration dates. If you have any questions about any of the assessments, please contact Mrs. Hogan.
Kid Squad Returns to Euclid
River Trails Park District Kid Squad before and after-school childcare will return to Euclid on Tuesday, January 17. *Door 17 (for drop off and pick up)
For more information about Kid Squad and how to sign up, please visit the Kid Squad page of the River Trails Park District.
Be Prepared for Snowy Days Outside
Important reminders for the when it is snowy:
- Gear: Please make sure that you send your child(ren) with hats, gloves, boots, snow pants and winter coat that they can get on and off by themselves.
- Label: Please label all clothing with your child's first and last name.
- Independence: Please help your student practice getting their gear on at home. Talk through with him/her the order to put things on (ex: gloves go on last). Please have them practice doing this task independently as there is often 1 teacher assisting up to 22 students at school.
- Regular Shoes: It is most helpful to have a pair of regular shoes to change into to wear at school for the day if they wear boots to school. Students need gym shoes for P.E.
- Recess: Students who are NOT wearing adequate clothing/boots for the wet snow will be discouraged from playing in the wet snow and may not be provided dry clothing if clothes get wet.
If your family needs support getting safe winter gear please contact one of our school social workers: Fabiola Martinez or Megan Leone.
5th Grade Families: "Fill the Fridge" for January for our amazing teachers.
Celebrate the teachers!! Euclid teachers have been so grateful for the treats they find in the teachers' lounge provided by our families.
Any student's grown up can participate in Euclid's Watch Dog Program. Spend part of the day with your student, in classes, at lunch, in music/art/gym!
Scan the QR code above or text 847-973-6396 to participate.
MyMealTime Account Balances
Please contact any of the following people if you may need support with a negative MyMealTime account. We are here to help!
Fabiola Martinez, Social Worker 224-612-7440
Megan Leone, Social Worker 224-612-7454
Attendance Line: 847-259-3303
Please call ahead or email with any questions. Thank you for your patience with trying to limit the traffic of people at Door #1.
Office Hours on School Days: 7:45m - 4:30pm
Main Office: 847-259-3303
- Erni Santiago firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ariceliz Perez email@example.com
- Lisa Gutzler (Nurse) firstname.lastname@example.org