Lubbock-Cooper North Elementary
20/20 VISION: FOCUS ON SUCCESS AND GROWTH
North Happenings: September 2019
A Great Start!
Here are some important September events we don't want you to miss:
- Popcorn/Cookie Dough Fundraiser Kick-Off - August 30
- Labor Day (NO SCHOOL) Student/Staff Holiday - September 2
- "Give Back Night" benefitting North Elementary at 4ore! Golf - September 5 (more information below)
- Flashback Fridays start - September 6th (information below)
- Last Day for Popcorn/Cookie Dough Fundraiser - September 13
- P.T.O. Meeting - September 16 (information and sign-up below)
- Take Flight Program - Parent's Night - September 17 (more information below)
- M.A.P. (Measures of Academic Progress) Window - September 9 - September 27 (information below)
- WATCH D.O.G.S. Pizza Night, 6:00-7:00 p.m., North Cafeteria - September 26 (sign-up information below)
- Snack Shack - September 27
A Look Ahead to October:
- North Night at Pepe's Pizza - October 2 (more information below)
- Picture Day - October 3
- Flashback Friday - October 4
- End of the 1st Nine Weeks grading period - October 11
- Student Holiday (NO SCHOOL)/Teacher Professional Development Day - October 14
NORTH ELEMENTARY P.T.O. (PARENT/TEACHER ORGANIZATION)
- To sign up for the North P.T.O. GroupMe, use the link:
- This will give you access to important information and dates during the year.
- The next P.T.O. meeting will be Monday, September 16 at 5:30 p.m. in the North Elementary Teacher's Lounge
WATCH D.O.G.S. (DADS, OR FATHER FIGURES, OF GREAT STUDENTS)
If you would like to sign up for Watch DOGS at any point in the school year, there are two easy options. One, contact Mandy Leach at email@example.com or 776-2100 ext. 8414. Or, if you know the date you'd like to sign up, you can let the office ladies know and they will get in contact with Mrs. Leach to get you on the calendar.
If you have a specific questions, please contact Mrs. Leach and she can assist you.
Ms. MaryAnn - PEIMS Secretary
Ms. Dianne - Attendance Clerk
Ms. Regina - Registrar
Ms. Helen - Receptionist
4ORE! GOLF "Give Back Night"
Literacy is Important to North Elementary! We would love for parents, grandparents, guardians, etc. to come read to your student's class. Schedule a time with your child's homeroom teacher.
Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®).
During September 9-September 27, 2019, your child will take tests called Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®). We give students MAP Growth tests to determine your child’s instructional level and to measure academic growth throughout the school year, and from year to year in the areas of Math, Reading, and Science. Your child will take the tests on a computer or iPad.
MAP Growth tests are unique in that they adapt to be appropriate for your child’s level of learning. As a result, each student has the same opportunity to succeed and maintain a positive attitude toward testing. And with MAP Growth tests, we can administer shorter tests and use less class time while still receiving detailed, accurate information about your child’s growth.
Each school year, students in grades Kindergarten through eighth grade will take the tests in September, January and April. Kindergarten will take the MAP Growth K-2 Reading assessment, while grades 1 and 2 will take the MAP Growth K-2 Reading and Math assessments. Grades 3-8 will take the MAP Growth assessments in Reading, Math, and Science.We are truly excited to begin a new era that focuses on every child’s individual growth and achievement. Partnering to help all kids learn, parents and teachers can have a profound positive effect on the lives of our children.
Take Flight Program - Parent's Night
- Parent's Night - Dyslexia - Take Flight Introduction. This "Parent Night" is for parents of students new to the Take Flight Program
- Location: Central Office Board Room/Training Room 1 (13807 Indiana Ave)
- Meeting Time: 6:00-7:30
- Students are not allowed. Babysitting will not be provided.
LCISD Clear Bag Policy for Athletic Events
Attendees of UIL-sanctioned athletic events will be able to carry the following style bag, package, or container into a Lubbock-Cooper ISD venue:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc or similar)
There is no limit to the number of clear bags an attendee may bring into the venue.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: purses/clutch bags, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, binocular cases, and camera bags. Binoculars and cameras worn around the neck or carried in the hands without the case are permitted. Blankets and seat cushions/seatbacks carried in the hands or over the shoulder are permitted.
Outside food or drink is prohibited inside all Lubbock-Cooper ISD athletic venues. Attendees attempting to bring outside food or drink into a Lubbock-Cooper athletic venue will be asked to dispose of prohibited items upon entering.
Thank you for your cooperation!