Marcus Mustangs Newsletter
Septemeber 7, 2015
Day of rest...
- 9/7 Labor Day
- 9/8 Lesson planning with coaches
- 9/9 LPAC committee meeting--Room: Ms. Garcia in Kinder Time: 3:15-3:45 (an invite will be sent to those team leaders for which this Role falls under)
- 9/10 Mustang Academy for new teachers@ 3:30 (held the 2nd Thursday of the month, in room P2, Ms. Restrepo's class)
- 9/10 All in Learning PLC in coaches room-- (attend only if you have not uploaded rosters and need help transferring grades into Gradespeed; other wise lets Rev up those clickers and lets CLICK OUR WAY TO LEARNING)
- 9/14 SLO and PDP draft due (Please sign up; sheet for conferences up at Cano & Wallace's office)
- 9/14 Staff Development--Topic: Vocabulary Instruction--led by Bilingual Specialist supported by Coaches
- 9/15--NO lesson plan PLC on Tuesday, teachers prep for Parent Open House (We will send a PPT for your convenience, you can add info as needed)
- 9/15 Hispanic Heritage Month through October 15
- 9/16 Parent Orientation 5-6pm--with Ms. Chapa in the auditorium
- 9/16 Parent Open House- 6-7pm--denim can be worn on Thursday :)
- 9/28 SLO and PDP final due and uploaded into SchoolNet
- 9/29-10/01 Common Assessments K-5: Reading, Math, Science & 4th gd Writing (Personal Narrative prompt and short R&E).
- 10/15 Compliance videos http://www.region10.org/account/login/
Please post attendance everyday no later than 8:45 AM. Continue reviewing hallway, cafeteria, morning arrival and dismissal procedures with students. The key to a successful school is having a system for everything, but it takes all of us to make it work.
ALL ABOUT ME...
This week we are featuring PE teacher Kyle Schneckner...
Some interesting facts about him:
- Named after Kyle Field...Texas A&M’s Football Field
- Attended Stephen F. Austin in Nacogdoches, TX., majored in Kinesiology (Physical Education)
- And enjoys...Weight Lifting, Running and watching Football
Core Beliefs in Action
- Ms. Delgadillo in second grade, anchor charts co-created with students and posted for easy access to their prior learning.
- Mr. Vuong in fifth grade uses tickets to motivate students to complete a task and move lesson pacing.
- Ms. Garcia in Kinder and Ms. Cruz in second, take on a huge feat and become our LPAC chairs.
- Mr. Rangel in second grade has his bilingual classroom labeled with all the Dual Language Components ( one way).
Herbert Marcus Elementary
To be an educational exemplar, whose priority is to provide high quality instruction, increase student academic achievement, and develop our students holistically.
To foster a love of learning in a caring, safe, and welcoming school, where the staff works collaboratively with the community to develop confident, responsible students who are well prepared for the future, to ensure that our students achieve their highest academic potential and are college and career ready.
Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic achievement.
There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
At risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at-risk students with our help using a Response to Intervention process.
Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence in a caring classroom.