Wednesday, October 14, 2020
Full-Time School Begins Monday, October 19
Dr. Daria has announced that TCS will resume full-time school on Monday, October 19. As we prepare to have more students on campus each day, please be mindful of the following:
- School starts at 7:55 am and ends at 2:40 pm.
- To minimize crowding, please plan to drop off your student in the carpool line. Parents are not permitted to accompany their student inside the building.
- Car drop-off and car pick-up will be at the front of the school ONLY. Please do not load or unload except in the sidewalk and awning area.
- For afternoon pick-up, parents need to have a sign with their child’s last name visible in the front window.
- Please REFRAIN from cell phone use when in the carpool line. It is important to be completely aware of ALL students!
- Bus zones are located on the south side of the building (near the University Church of Christ.) Please do not enter the bus zones.
- School doors will open each morning at 7:30 am. Students should not arrive at the school before this time.
- For the safety of your child, you may not call the school and change the way your child is riding home. You must send a note that morning with your child to give to your child’s teacher. Please do not text or email your teacher regarding transportation. We must have the transportation change in writing or your child will follow their normal routine.
Please know that we are doing everything we can to make this a smooth transition for all students and parents. We understand that there will be some congestion with traffic as car riders for two schools navigate the car pool lane. We appreciate you working with us.
Attendance is a very important component of your child's education. We ask that your healthy student is present in school, all day, every day. Please make every effort to schedule appointments outside of school hours. (In the event this is not possible, please call the school office in advance and we will let you know the new check-out procedure.)
Remember, parents may submit excuses for up to 5 absences for the school year. Additional absences require a doctor's note to be considered excused. Please send these notes within 3 days of your child's return to school.
SPECIALIST SCHEDULE and CLASSES 10/19/20
- Masks are mandatory for ALL students and faculty at TMS-E. Please send your child to school with a clean, labeled mask daily. It is very important that your child's mask fit his or her face properly. The mask should cover the nose and mouth, fit snugly below the chin, and fall against the sides of the face without too much gaping.
- Temperature checks for all students will occur first thing each morning.
- Water fountains at TMSE are turned off. Please send two bottles of water with your child daily.
- We must have up-to-date contact information. Please contact Mrs. Robinson (email@example.com) about changes.
- Photo ID is required to check-out your student. (Thank you for helping us maintain consistency in our check-out procedures.)
COOKIE DOUGH FUNDRAISER
TMS-E Meals To-Go!
TMS-E students will now be able to pick up 5-day meal bags at TMS-E on Friday mornings between 9:30 and 10:30 am. This meal pick up will begin on Friday, October 16, 2020.
Meal pick up will be on the north side of the building (the side opposite the playground).
All TMS-E families are welcome.
Online Meal Application
Flu Vaccines for Students
TCS and the Health Hero Clinic will be offering flu vaccines for students on November 4. Consent forms will be sent home with your student on Monday and must be completed and returned to the school nurse by October 30.
Please contact Nurse Crow (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.