Gifted, Grade 5
with Mr. Horak (January 11-14)
The 5th grade gifted classes are beginning a new communication system to help parents start academic conversations with their children. We will begin sending home our learning goals for the week, to help parents talk about what we did for the day and week. This means no more “What did you do today?” with the response of “nothing much” or “I don’t remember.”
1. Quarter 2 Reading Assessment
2. The New England Colonies Intro.
3. Life in the New England Colonies
1. What is Opinion writing?
2. Review Informational/ Explanatory writing.
3. Quarter 2 Writing Assessment
1.Fractions, MID CHAPTER
2. Add and Subtract Mixed Numbers
3. Subtracting with Renaming
4. Patterns with Fractions
5. Problem Solving and Real World Connections
6. Quater 2 Math Assessment
1. Review the phases of the moon
2. What are adaptions, instincts, and defense mechanisms? (REVIEW)
3. What is Planet 3000?
4. Quarter 2 Science Assessment
STEM FAIR BEGINS THIS WEEK! LOOK FOR THE RESEARCH PLAN AND REPORT FORMS TO COME HOME.
STAR LAB COMES TO SCHOOL (THURSDAY)
QUARTERLY ASSESSMENTS ARE TO BE COMPLETED
Math Fluency Checks
What is Planet 3000?
This Week's Scholar is....
Wade enjoys hockey and baseball. He likes pizza, hot dogs, and burritos. One could say that Wade has varied culinary tastes! When Wade is with his family, he really likes camping, watching movies, and playing games. In his personal time, Wade likes to play video games, and have Nerf battles.
During school hours, Wade likes to read, and enjoys writing. His favorite books are "Hatchet" and "The Deltora Quests."
Wade would like to attend the University of Florida and become an animator when he grows up. Thank you Wade for being our student of the week!