Just the Facts...3/1/17
News you can use:
Planning for Next Year
- The 2017-2018 District Calendar has been finalized and approved. The calendar is posted on the district website.
- Keep your eyes open for district communication regarding adjustments in the start and stop times for the new school year once they are finalized.
A Note from Nurse Lander
To help prevent the spread of illness, children should not come to school when they are contagious to others, when they have a fever, or when they're too sick to learn. Childhood illnesses are spread easily when children are in close contact in the school setting. If your child has fever of 100 F or greater, vomiting, or diarrhea, they should not return to school until they are fever/symptom free for at least 24 hours without the aid of medication. If your child has been diagnosed with a contagious illness such as strep throat or pink eye, they may return to school 24 hours after the first dose of antibiotics as long as they are fever free. Please feel free to call us if we can answer any questions or assist you in any way. We appreciate your cooperation in helping to keep Lakeside healthy!
Jump Rope For Heart is here! If you haven’t already, please register for our Lakeside team at www.heart.org/jump. Our students are working on their jump rope skills and learning how to have a healthy hearts. Every Friday is Zoo Crew Day! Learners who made donations online or turned in cash donations will receive their zoo animal key chain. Thanks for supporting Lakeside P.E. and the Jump Rope for Heart Program!
CISD School Health Advisory Committee Information
Mark Your Calendars 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade parents!
On March 21st, CISD will be hosting a screening of the documentary called SCREENAGERS, Growing Up in the Digital Age.
This film dives deep into how technology impacts kids’ development and the challenges of parenting in the digital world. We live in a world where parents must compete with video games, texting addiction, and social media.
It begins at 6pm @CHS Auditorium. Following the movie, there will be a SKYPE session with Lisa Tabb, the film’s producer.
Upcoming Dates (the rest of the year at-a-glance)
*Please note dates will be added and some may be changed as necessary
2) 3rd and 4th grade field trips
3) Youth Soccer Night at CHS during the girls Varsity game at 7:30pm.
- Kids that wear their soccer jersey get in free & the first 10 to arrive can be ballkids
9) Open House 5-7
10) Spirit Rally, End of the third nine weeks
13-17) Spring Break
24) Report Cards go home
28-29) STAAR for 4th and 5th *No visitors on campus please
30) 2nd grade field trip
3-7) Spring Book Fair
4) North Counselors will meet 5th graders at Lakeside to discuss registration
6) Corey the Dribbler Program (sponsored by PTO)
14) Weather Day (subject to change)
18) 1st grade field trip
21) Progress Reports go home (4th/5th)
24) Kindergarten field trip
28) 3rd grade field trip
4) Kindergartne Roundup (for incoming Kindergarteners) from 5:30-6:30pm
8-10) STAAR for 3rd-5th *No visitors on campus please
12) Longhorn Stampede
17) CISD Night at the Ballpark
19) Field Day
29) No School
31) 5th grade graduation (subject to change)
1) Last day of School,
- Spirit Rally
- 5th grade walk at 12:30,
- Early Release at 12:50,
- Report Cards go home