Adams Family newsletter
January 9 - January 13
From the Principal's Desk
Adams Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Items from our PAC
- January PAC Mtg: The January meeting will take place on Tuesday, January 10th at 6:30. You are invited to attend in-person or virtually. Here is the link for the google meet: meet.google.com/uyk-otey-hra
- Birthday grams: Back by POPULAR DEMAND! Parent Advisory Council will deliver treats to students and staff throughout the year to celebrate students or staff! Cost: $5 You can order or donate a birthday gram here. (https://my.cheddarup.com/c/2022-23-birthday-grams?cart=94ace1c1-1f50-4cb4-9ac3-298fee1f5acf%21%2142034918)
From our volunteer service coordinator (VSC)
Happy New Year!
We are off to a great start with volunteers coming in to hang artwork in the hallways and build learning skills with our Kindergartners. Please review the opportunities below and get involved with the community of Adams Elementary!
Need some reasons why?
Check out this article: "17 Eye-Opening Benefits of Volunteering with Your Kid's School."
How you can help:
- Work with our Kindergartners to build their reading and math skills (2-hour training is provided and required).
- Come in for an hour once a week to help our First Graders with simple reading and math activities.
- Cut laminate, make copies, and prepare paper projects either in the workroom or at home.
- Join us at the Adams PAC meeting on January 10th from 6:30p-8:00p in the Cafeteria.
Character Strong - Empathy
From our School Social Worker
Cold Weather Rule: It’s Cold Weather Rule Time again (CWR)! CWR runs from October 1st to April 30th every year and provides protections to eligible utility customers from having electricity/natural gas shut off during this time. Customers may need to request protection and commit to a payment plan.
Attached, please find Cold Weather Rule FAQS. Additional Flyers in multiple languages can be found here, if useful.
Many Energy Provider’s Websites contain Cold Weather Rule information, you may click on each provider below for more information/ application to apply for protection.
For information about Energy Assistance Programs for (2022-2023) in Anoka County, including income guidelines and applications, please visit the ACCAP site- The Energy Assistance Program began October 1st and ends May 31st, 2023:https://accap.org/energy-assistance/. Links for additional utility assistance programs, including The Salvation Army’s Heatshare, can be found here as well.
- Please note: Some programs may require a denial for local county assistance, etc. to quality. Please check each site to see what program requirements are.
- Further information on Anoka County Emergency Assistance programs that may assist prevent utility shut offs for eligible households: https://www.anokacountymn.gov/199/Emergency-Programs
From our Parent Educator
Here are some classes
Adams Redhawks are Kind, Safe, Respectful and Responsible
This e-newsletter is published by Adams Elementary School. Questions, comments or concerns about the school e-newsletter? Contact us.