Blair Oaks High School - November 9, 2018
Thank you Veterans & those currently serving!
District Championship Football Game
Just a few reminders for Football Friday Night:
- Blair Oaks Falcons v. South Callaway Bulldogs
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Falcon Athletic Complex
- Admission: $7.00, no passes allowed
- Please do not bring any outside food or drinks into the complex
The theme for the student section, "The Nest", is camouflage. Fans are invited to support the students or wear Blair Oaks Green! Plan on coming out to cheer our Falcons to V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!
Gerbes Community Rewards!
We invite you, your family, and your friends to support the Blair Oaks Spirit Squads (Cheer, Dance, and Pep Club) by shopping at Gerbes. Everytime a Gerbes card is swiped or an *alternate id is used at check-out, you could be donating money to the Spirit Squads. Please click on the link below and take a few minutes to help us! It's fast, it's easy, and best of all, it's FREE!
- Sign-in or create a new account
- Choose "Gerbes Community Rewards" under the "Savings & Rewards" heading.
Once logged-in, choose "I'm a Customer, Want to enroll in Community Rewards?"
-or- choose "Change Organization" on the Community Rewards page.
- Choose Blair Oaks Spirit Squads, organization # BM405
Gerbes is committed to helping our community grow and prosper. Year after year, local schools have earned millions of dollars through Gerbes Community Rewards. Community Rewards is the perfect partner because it is an easy way to donate to our school!
*Alternate ID = registering phone number that can be used at check-out
School Messenger Announcement
We are excited to share a School Messenger app is now available through the Apple App Store or Google Play. School Messenger app instructions are provided in link that follows.
More about School Messenger:
Blair Oaks R-II School District uses School Messenger to send out group notifications of school cancellations and other relevant information. You manage which phone numbers, e-mail address and text numbers are contacted through an application within the parent portal called Contact Manager.
To access Contact Manager:
- Log-in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal account
- Find the upward pointing arrow in the top right corner of the screen (near the print icon) and click. Some browers require user to choose the Account Preferences screen on the left menu before the Applications arrow will appear.
- Click on Contact Manager
- View any messages sent in the last 30 days & click the icon with three lines in the top left corner to open a menu.
- Click on Preferences.
- On this screen, you can add phone numbers, email addresses, and mobile numbers for text messaging.
- You may also select which kind of messages each phone number receives. You cannot delete the primary phone number that is uploaded from PowerSchool.
- Be sure to Save when finished.
Note: You can also go directly to SchoolMessenger by going to https://go.schoolmessenger.com. Login with your PowerSchool credentials.
Power School App Update
For your information: A new version of PowerSchool Mobile for iOS (2.5.0) is now available in the Apple App Store for parents and students. This release provides a data connection enhancement, other enhancements, and fixes to existing issues. It also resolved data sync issues for the Apple Watch app.
Three Rivers Electric
Sophomores can win a trip to the Cooperative Youth Conference & Leadership Experience on July 17-22 at the Doubletree Hotel in Jefferson City. Based on the applications, 12 finalist will be selected to interview before a panel of three judges. The six students with the highest combined scores will be selected as delegates to CYCLE and the other six students will each receive $50 in cash. Applications are due by 3/26/2019 and may be picked up from Mrs. Graessle.
Juniors can compete in the 2018-2019 Youth Tour Essay Contest to win a week-long trip to Washington, D.C. Students can write a 400 to 500 word essay on the theme "Three Rivers Electric Cooperation-Involved in Your Community". Based on the essays, 12 finalist will be selected to take a 50 point True-False quiz about cooperatives and then present their essay before a panel of three judges. From the finalists, six students will be chosen to attend the Youth Tour to Washington, DC. The remaining six finalists will each receive a $200 cash prize. Applications are due by 1/30/2019 and may be picked up from Mrs. Shanley.
- Blair Oaks FFA Clothing Liquidation Sale!
- T-shirts- $5 and Hoodies- $10
- Contact Mr. Suthoff, firstname.lastname@example.org, or an FFA student if interested.
- There is no guarantee that your size will be available so don't delay! Items available while supplies last.
November 15 - Thanksgiving Day luncheon
November 20 - Pre-ACT
November 21 - 23 - Thanksgiving break
FUTURE BLOOD DRIVES
- January 9 - Blair Oaks HS Library
- March 24 - St. Stanislaus School
- January 25 - Winterfest Assembly
- January 26 - Winterfest Dance