9AM class - GHO with Mrs. White's 1st grade class about STEM project
- This week we created our digital portfolio structure, Twitter accounts, and identified our service learning projects. We did a lot of set up this week for the rest of the semester.
- We also got to know my gcc a bit and get used to our materials being posted there. Please note when going to coursework check all assignments by due date. I gave you grace this week...
Next week we are doing a lot of new things:
- Getting into Danielson framework for teaching in QUEST 6.
- By 9/11 you must participate in one educational Twitter chat and document it in Quest 3 synthesis and test with a screenshot of you participating in educational Twitter chat. Please see link below for the calendar. I would suggest #nt2t (new teacher to Twitter).
- Focus on Component 1D - Knowledge of Resources and using the tech tool Pinterest.
Twitter chat etiquette
- Follow the moderator as s/he posts questions
- Answer the Qs as the moderator posts them.
- Do NOT answer all Qs and leave the chat!
- Engage others in conversation about the topic - don't be afraid to ask Qs.
- Be polite
- Use this time to build that positive, professional digital presence.
Have you ever done service learning before?
Click here to enter the Kahoot. Type in the game pin on the screen in the front of the room. Then type in your first and last name when prompted. Then wait for the fun to start!
To your guilds!
If you are in guild 1 please read this article then identify 3 takeaways to share with the whole group.
If you are in guild 2 please read this article then identify 3 takeaways to share with the whole group.
If you are in guild 3 please read this article then identify 3 takeaways to share with the whole group.
If you are in guild 4 please read this article then identify 3 takeaways to share with the whole group.
Which service learning opportunity would you like to do for this course?
Due for Wednesday 9/9
- Class cancelled Monday - due to labor day
Quest 6: Danielson Framework for teaching
· Understanding & Explore
Guild 1 members –leading the first ed café on 9/14 please complete quest 8 – questions, understanding, and explore. Meet with Dr. Fecich (a) identify discussion questions and/or 1 activity to do during each rotation. You must have 10 minutes worth of content per breakout session.