Honors College E-News
February 8, 2015
♦♦♦♦♦ IN THIS ISSUE ♦♦♦♦♦
Academia: Scholarships • UGS • Call for Papers
Events: Forum • 50 Shades of Safe • Involve Me! • Career Fair • Spring Break
Study Abroad: Chinese Lunch & Learn
Leadership: MUW at Columbus
Services: On-Campus Support Groups
HC: Survey • Request for Pics • Contact Us
♦♦♦♦♦ SPOTLIGHT ♦♦♦♦♦
Congratulations Courtney Grinnell!
♦♦♦♦♦ ACADEMIC OPPORTUNITIES ♦♦♦♦♦
Do you want help funding your education?
The USM Foundation offers more than 850 scholarships to Southern Miss students like you. GO find the right scholarship for you by visiting usmfoundation.com/go.
All students are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Monday, February 15
Deadline on Study Abroad Scholarship
March 1: Gilman - Pell Grant eligible, Summer/Fall 2016 and Academic Year Exchange 2017
Call for Papers!
♦♦♦♦♦ CAMPUS OPPORTUNITIES ♦♦♦♦♦
University Forum Speaker: Jerry Mitchell
- Byron De La Beckwith for the assassination of Medgar Evers
- Sam Bowers for ordering the murder of Vernon Dahmer
- Bobby Cherry for the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing
- Edgar Ray Killen for his role in killing Michael Schwerner, James Chaney and Andrew Goodman.
Tuesday, February 16 @ 6:30pm | Bennett Auditorium
50 Shades of Safe with Lori Fullbright
The Department of Child and Family Studies' Marriage and Family Therapy Program at The University of Southern Mississippi is putting on an engaging relationship education event for adult female college students. You can expect exciting speakers, lunch theater (with food!), freebies, and door prizes! For more information and to register click here!
Friday, February 12 | 11 a.m. | USM Payne Center
Attend the Involve Me! Fair
Come find your place on campus at The Office of Student Activities' Involve Me! Fair. will be on . Come meet with members of some of the student organizations, learn how they impact the Southern Miss community and find out how you can join organizations that interest you.
Tuesday, February 16 | 11 a.m. | 2nd floor - TCC(map)
Be Prepared for Career Fair 2016!
Alternative Spring Break
The Center for Community and Civic Engagement (CCCE) invites students on the following trips:
- Alternative Spring Break in Shaw Mississippi on March 13-17. This trip is centered on the history of the Mississippi Delta and would give students the opportunity to do community service and visit several historically important sites!
- Project Serve Canada 2016 is taking place at the University of Guelph in Ontario, Canada from May 15-26. Students will have the opportunity to learn about organic farming and cooking along with several other eco-friendly activities. This trip will give students 3 credit hours in IDS492CA.
Deadlines: March 4
For questions or more info, stop by the CCCE Office in Hub (map) 104.
Interested in More Events?
♦♦♦♦♦ INTERESTED IN STUDY ABROAD? ♦♦♦♦♦
♦♦♦♦♦ LEADERSHIP PROGRAM ♦♦♦♦♦
Mississippi N.E.W. Leadership Program
Aspiring young women leaders at USM are invited to apply for the Fourth Annual Mississippi N.E.W. Leadership Program, co-sponsored by the Stennis Center for Public Service and Mississippi University for Women (MUW). This five-day, four-night residential program begins May 23 at the MUW campus in Columbus. Deadline: March 1, 2016