OCES Principal's Corner
August 14, 2020
Events for the Week:
- Monday -
- Tuesday - Reading MAP Testing for Distance Learners 9:00 3rd, 4th/5th 8:30
- Wednesday - Math MAP Testing for Distance Learners 9:00 3rd, 4th/5th 8:30
- Thursday- School Picture Day, ELA MAP Testing for Distance Learners 9:00 3rd, 4th/5th 8:30, Virtual Curriculum Night for In Person Students
- Friday -
Returning Student Online Registration
Parents, please remember to complete returning student online registration by Mon., Aug. 31. This is needed for a variety of purposes including signing the annual Technology Use Agreement, which is a requirement for the use of district Chromebooks. This online process replaces the previous paper enrollment form used in previous years. Once going through this online registration process, you will be able to:
Update your child(ren)’s contact information
Update transportation information
Review and agree to the terms in the student handbook including the Code of Conduct
Sign the Technology Use Agreement
Provide consent for photo/video release in yearbook and other publications
Agree to participation in clubs/organizations
Thank you to those of you who have completed this already! We look forward to receiving the rest of our registration materials within the next two weeks. Thanks!
OCES Virtual Curriculum Night August 20
5:30-6:00 Session 1
6:00-6:30 Session 2 (Repeat of Session 1)
OCES Curriculum Night will take place virtually. Classroom teachers will be live from their rooms sharing their screen presentations with parents and answering questions. We will have two sessions. Session 1 is from 5:30 - 6:00 and Session 2 is from 6:00-6:30. Both sessions are the same. Teachers will be recording one session and emailing it out to all parents on Friday, August 21. I will also send out the video link that introduces the school and all the support programs including Art, PE, Music, and Counseling. There will be a Title l Parent meeting from 5:00-5:30.
Car Rider Line
Just a few reminders:
- Display your green sign.
- Go to the cone that your child is standing beside
- Stay in a single file line. This will allow students to go to the correct color cone to meet you and stay safe at the same time.
E-PBT for Students Who Receive Lunch Benefits
Your child may be eligible for E-PBT SNAP benefits as a one-time $256.50 benefit per child. Please visit https://dfcs.georgia.gov/pandemic-electronic-benefit-transfer for more information and an application apply. You will need your child's GTID number to apply. This number can be accessed from our parent portal, PowerSchool. To find your child's GTID number, please go to PowerSchool here: https://ps.oconee.k12.ga.us/public. Then, click Georgia LDS in the menu on the left. Your child's GTID will then appear next to their name. The deadline to apply is Sept. 25.
ONLINE School Nutrition Account Monitoring/Payment
Benefits to using this program:
- See what your child is eating.
- View up to 90 days of purchased cafeteria meals.
- Set up a recurring payment for monthly or weekly deposits, or when the balance is below a set amount.
- Check a student's cafeteria balance
- Make lunch payments securely using a credit/debit card or your bank account (e-check)
- Set up mobile and email notifications when your student's meal account balance falls below an amount you choose.