We Are Family - April 25, 2021
Congratulations to our students who have been received into the Church this Easter season and/or have made their First Communion already. What a joyous blessing!
ILEARN testing continues in grades 3-8th grade. Third grade will finish this week! We are testing in the mornings from 8:45 am until 10:15 AM. Please make sure your students have had breakfast and are on time for school. Please schedule appointments outside of this time frame as well. Your child's teacher can answer specific questions about their grade's testing schedule.
We are hiring a school assistant to help with serving lunch, administrative duties, and help out in EDM from 10:45 to 4:30 PM daily. Interested individuals can apply here.
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
- 2:50 PM Release
Mass hosted by 4Rosich. Livestream available on our YouTube channel.
- Spiritwear tops with spiritwear or uniform bottoms for teachers and students
- 1st Grade Field Trip
Safe Environment Training
In order to volunteer in our school building during the day or attend field trips as a chaperone, you must have a current safe environment training on file with us. This requirement includes safe environment training and a basic background check through the Archdiocese. The training and background checks are good for five years from the time of completion.
To check your current expiration date, contact Mrs. Carson at email@example.com
To obtain a new training and background check:
- Go to the website www.archindysafeparish.org
- Create an account as this is a new system. Previously the Archdiocese used a system called "Safe and Sacred."
- You will need a passcode in order to create an account. The passcode is Archindy2021
- Complete the background check for school or parish VOLUNTEER and select Saint Susanna as a recipient of your information.
- Complete the training video and questions.
Please allow up to two weeks for this process to be completed.
Supply Lists and Orders for 2022-2023
Supply Kits for 2022-2023 are now available to purchase until July 1, 2022 from 1st Day School Supplies.
Order supplies online before July 1 from 1st Day School Supplies for free shipping to home at least 2 weeks before school begins. This is not a fundraiser but is offered as a convenience to families. Online order link is
Visit the St. Susanna School website to print a supply list to shop on your own for school supplies by clicking here.
Around Our School
Cardinal Ritter: Sports Camps
IREAD and ILEARN Testing
IREAD is administered to third graders in Indiana to assess their reading skills. The test is made up of three sections and is administered via the computer over two or three school days. Our third graders will participate in this assessment on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings this week.
ILEARN is administered yearly to students in third through eighth grades. Every grade level is assessed in English Language Arts and mathematics. Fourth and sixth grades participate in a science assessment and fifth graders take a social studies assessment. Students will test several days for each subject area and testing is spread over a three week period. It is critically important that students are present each day. Please avoid scheduling appointments in the mornings during the test window.
ILEARN Testing Schedule
- Testing sessions will be held daily from 8:45 AM to 10:00 AM.
- April 19 - 21: Mathematics (3rd - 8th grades)
- April 25 - 29: English Language Arts (3rd - 8th grades)
- May 2 - 6: Science and Social Studies (4th - 6th grades)
- Login to your FACTS account.
- Click on "View Details" next to the heading Payment Plan and Billing.
- Click on "View Payment Summary" and ensure that you have the year 2021 in the drop down menu.
- Print this sheet. This will show totals paid per child and category and has our Federal Tax ID number on it.
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Students may be referred to Ms. Evans by teachers or the principal for a one-time visit. After that, parents must complete an consent form for continued visits. The consent form is available at the end of the Monday Memo or in the school office. You can reach Ms. Evans directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.