Week of 10/21/19
It was great seeing so many families and students at our Harvest Festival on Friday. Thank you to our hard working PTC and to all of the volunteers who helped make the night a success.
We have a lot going on the next few weeks. Red Ribbon week will kick-off on this Friday with our Law Enforcement day. We are looking forward to having several law enforcement officers out for the students to visit with and vehicles to explore. Students should wear blue on Friday to support law enforcement and the people who keep us safe. The theme for Friday is "Real heroes don't wear capes". See below for the rest of the spirit days.
Starting on Tuesday, Tiger Crew will be selling Boo Grams before school, after school, and in the office during the school day for $1 each.
Thanks for all of your support!
Father/Son Laser Tag is our next big event!! RESERVE NOW before it's too late!!
When? Tuesday, November 5th @ 5-8pm (sign up below for specific time slots)
Where? Xtreme Craze, 6694 Lonetree Blvd.
Rocklin, CA 95765
Cost? $10 per player (40 minute sessions)
-The entire place is reserved for TBES.
-Five 40-minute sessions for 48 people/players
-240 people maximum
-Food & arcade for an additional cost at own discretion.
FIRST buy tickets here:
SECOND sign up EACH player here:
THIRD have the BEST time!!!
Holiday Art Cards on sale SOON!
You will receive 10 postcards of your child’s artwork with 10 envelopes for $10! Perfect for holiday cards or thank you notes for family or friends! All proceeds will go to support our Art Program!
Red Ribbon Week
- Friday, 10/25: Real heroes don't wear capes. Wear blue to honor our law enforcement heroes.
- Monday, 10/28: I am proud to make healthy choices! Wear red in honor of Red Ribbon Week
- Tuesday, 10/29: Our future is bright when we're doing things right! Make healthy choices! Wear your shades/sunglasses.
- Wednesday, 10/30: I am crazy to be a healthy me! Wear crazy socks.
- Thursday, 10/31: I am healthy and can be anything I want to be! Wear your costume to school (no weapons or masks).
Week At A Glance
- Choir 1:45 (multi)
- K-Kids 1:45 Library
- Art with Tara 2:40-4 (Art Room)
- Make up pictures
- 4th & 5th to B Street Theatre 8:00-12:00
- Tiger Crew 2:45
- 2:50 Early Engineers (Room 309)
- Spirit day wear Green or Yellow
- Law Enforcement Day
Picture Make up Day/Retake
Veterans Day Assembly 11/7/19
Veterans Day Assemblies - Due to the increased popularity and limited space for this event, this year we will have two Veterans Day assemblies.
The schedule is as follows:
Thursday, November 7, 2019 in the Multipurpose Room
8:30 am - Grades TK-2 Veterans Day Assembly. This is a shortened assembly without the photo slideshow. Students will be singing and showing their appreciation for our Veterans.
9:15 am - Grades 3-5 Veterans Day Assembly. This assembly will include the photo slideshow as well as students performing and showing their appreciation for our Veterans.
Family, friends, and community members are welcome to join at the assembly of their choosing.
Veterans Day Assembly Photos Needed by 10/28/19
- Travel must be for five or more school days
- The travel study request must be made at least two weeks in advance of the trip to allow the teacher adequate time to prepare the work
- Student must be in good academic standing and meet attendance requirements
- All work is due the day the student returns to school
Volunteers for ROAR Store
Dear TBE Families,
We would love to have our ROAR store open every Friday. Our ROAR store is open on Fridays during 1st through 5th grade lunch recess. Please consider signing up for one of our open slots. The ROAR store only happens once a week on Fridays and if we do not have volunteers the store has to be closed.
If you are interested but have questions, please email Kathleen Cummings at Kcummings@wpusd.org.
The link is:https://signup.com/go/toesOCq
Adopt a Planter
ADOPT A PLANTER!!!!!
Please consider “Stepping Up” to adopt a planter for the school year. Your job will be basic maintenance of your area. Checking for weeds, removing leaves, trash, branches etc.
Your participation is greatly appreciated. It’s a way to model community service to your kids.
Let’s continue having the OUTSIDE of the school reflect the great things happening INSIDE!
For more information, please contact Ashley Indrieri at (530) 844-2310.
Down The Road
- 11/4-11 Online window open to schedule Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/5 Father/Son Laser Tag @Xtreme Craze 5:00-8:00
- 11/7 Veterans Day Assembly
- 11/11 Veterans Day No School
- 11/12-15 Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/15 Wild Things Assembly TK-1st 9:25-10:50 (in the multi)
- 11/18-22 Early Release Day's 12:30 for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/25-29 Thanskgiving Break
- 12/9-13 Book Fair
- 12/16-20 Early Release Days 1:40
- 12/17 Family Paint Night, two sessions 4:00pm & 6:00pm
- 12/23-1/5 Winter Break
- 1/20 Martin Luther King Day No School
- 1/24 BINGO & Baskets 5:30-8:00pm
- 2/11 Mother/Daughter Paint night, two sessions 4:00pm & 6:00pm
- 2/13,14,17 School not in session
- 2/24 Sami Circuit Family Night 6:00-7:00pm
- 3/7 Daddy/Daughter Dance 6:00-8:00pm
- 3/28 Mother/Son Dance 6:00-8:00pm
- 3/30-4/3 Book Fair
- 4/2 Open House/Art Show 5:00-7:00pm
- 4/6-13 Spring Break
- 4/22/23 Starstruck, two performances 6:00pm & 7:00pm
- 5/4-8 Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
- 5/18-5/22 5th Grade Trip
- 5/25 Memorial Day No School
- 6/1-5 Early Release Days 1:40
Field Trips 2019-2020
- 12/13 2nd Grade to Roseville Theater 8:20-10:20
- 1/28 1st Grade to Roseville Theater 9:15-11:30
- 2/27 Choir to Three Stages Theater to see Matilda 8:15-2:00
- 3/19 1st Grade to Woodcreek Nature Center Gutierrez/Munno 8:30-11
- 3/25 4th Grade to Empire Mine 9:00-2:30
- 3/26 1st Grade to Woodcreek Nature Center 8:30-11 Snodgrass/Williamson
- 3/27 4th Grade to Empire Mine 9:00-2:30
- 5/1 1st Grade to Roller King 9:15-1:30
- 5/5 3rd Grade to Bernhard 8:30-2:30 (Andrews & Sanchez/Snook)
- 5/6 3rd Grade to Bernhard 8:30-2:30 (Evangelisti & Villa)
Event Calendar 2019-2020
Nov 5 Father/Son Laser Tag @ Xtreme Craze 5:00-8:00pm
Nov 7 Veterans Day Assembly
Dec 9 – 13 Book Fair
Dec 17 Family Paint Night, two Sessions: 4:00pm and 6:00pm
Jan 24 BINGO and Baskets 5:30-8:00pm
Feb 11 Mother/Daughter Paint Night, two Sessions: 4:00pm and 6:00pm
Feb 24 Sami Circuit Family Night 6:00-7:00pm
Mar 7 Daddy/Daughter Dance 6:00-8:00pm
Mar 28 Mother/Son Dance 6:00-8:00pm
Apr 2 Open House/Art Show 5:00-7:00pm
Mar 30 - Apr 3 Book Fair
Apr 22-23 Starstruck, two Performances: 6:00pm and 7:00pm
May 4-8 Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
PTC Meetings will be held monthly on Mondays. See dates listed below:
3:00-3:30 General Meeting w/parents
3:30-4:00 Board Meeting
Sept 30, Nov 4, Dec 2, Jan 6, Feb 3, Mar 2, Mar 30-Board Elections, May 4-Calendar Meeting 2020-2021 school year, June TBD-Budget Meeting 2020-2021 school year
Any questions? Please don't hesitate to contact Leah Bassett, PTC President at email@example.com.
Hello TBES students, families, staff, and friends! Thank you for your support with box tops. I apologize for my mathematical errors. TBES has collected 410 digital box tops. Let’s keep on SCANNING and CLIPPING to earn our school money!!! I put we have earned $41 = 4,100 box tops. That is incorrect. It should say
$41= 410 box tops.
Reporting an Absence
How to Report Absences:
We have 3 ways you can report absences:
1. Absence voice mail: (916)434-5210
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Download the TBE App –
Click on Absences icon on bottom of screen
Complete and Submit
Please try to contact school before 9:00am on day of absence when possible
A doctor’s note is asked for all medical appointments where the student misses school time or 3 or more consecutive illness days.