E.J. Hayes Weekly Newsletter
September 3, 2021
- September 6- Labor Day Holiday (No School for students or staff)
- September 7- Community Listening Meeting at RHS (6:30pm)
- September 7-10 - Beginning of Grade (BOG) 3rd grade Reading Assessment
- September 13 - Progress Reports go home
- September 9-21-Candyman Fundraiser
- September 15 - DOT DAY--- All students can wear dots on their clothing today!
- September 23-Fall Picture Day
- September 30-PTA Meeting at E.J. Hayes (6:30-7:30pm)
- October 1-Early Release Day
- October 6 - PBIS FUN DAY!!!
- October 7 and 8 - Teacher Work Days (No School for students)
- October 8 - Parent Teacher Conferences (8am-12pm)
Things to know for the Third week of school!!!
1. Students need to arrive to campus before the 7:55am Tardy Bell.
2. Dress code is going well! Please remember: No hoodies in the building!
3. Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottles to school. Water fountains are still turned off.
4. Parents are not permitted to sign students out between 2:30pm and 2:45pm.
5. Parents must be in their cars and in the line to pick up students. Parents are not permitted to park in the parking lot and walk up to get their child.
6. Walkers will be escorted across the street at 2:43pm.
7. Students are loaded into vehicles at 2:45pm. Pick up should be completed by 3:05 each afternoon.
8. Buses depart campus between 2:45 and 3:05pm.
9. Masks are still extremely important! Please stress to your students that masks need to be worn properly and at all times inside E. J. Hayes!
Note from the Principal's Desk
Greetings Parents and Stakeholders,
Thank you to the teachers and staff of E.J. Hayes for all that they are doing to keep each child safe and for filling students' heads with knowledge. Thank you to our nurses and counselors for supporting us and guiding us. Thank you parents and guardians for trusting us to partner with you in helping with your child's education as well as increasing their social and emotional well being. Thank you to everyone for working together, believing in each other, and most of all, thank you for always being kind! Thank you for choosing E.J. Hayes: Where relationships foster learning!
Unexpected Dream Step Team
September 2nd, 8th, and 9th
E.J. Hayes Alumni Building
705 Washington Street.