Blue Hills News
From the Desk of the Principal - May 13, 2021
Dear Blue Hills Families,
Next Week's Schedule (MCAS):
- 9th, 10th, and 11th grade will be in school all days next week.
- Grade 12 will have late arrivals on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Arrival time is 11:55 and classes begin at 12:08 for Seniors.
- Academic classes will run from 12:08 to 2:20 each day, following the schedule below:
Monday, May 17: Periods 1, 2, and 3
Tuesday, May 18: Periods 4, 5, and 6
Thursday, May 20: Periods 7, 8, and 1
Friday, May 21: Periods 2, 3, and 4
Important Upcoming Dates:
- May 14, Early Dismissal (PD Day), 11:00 a.m.
- May 15, Incoming 9th Graders - Incoming Assessments
- May 17, 18, 20, 21 - Grade 10 MCAS
- May 20, Senior Awards Night, 6 p.m. (Virtual)
- May 31, No School, Memorial Day
- June 2, Senior Field Day
- June 3, Seniors' Last Day (Early dismissal)
- June 8, Graduation, 6 p.m. (Pre-Registration Required; must be completed by Seniors)
- June 16 & June 17 - Early Dismissals (11:35 a.m.)
- June 17 - Last Day of School
The Class of 2021 Awards Night will be a virtual ceremony this year. We will release the video/presentation on May 20 at 6 p.m. Scholarships recipients and award winners will all be honored that night.
SENIORS are reminded to register their guests for Graduation. This is required in order to receive tickets for the ceremony. A link to the registration has been sent out to the senior class.
SENIOR FAMILIES are reminded that they can pick up Class of 2021 Senior Lawn Signs from 4:30 to 6:30 Friday, May 14, 2021. Many, many thanks to Mrs. Karen Capobianco and family for designing, ordering, and distributing the lawn signs!! Thanks to the seniors on the baseball team for their help handing them out and assembling on Wednesday!
Finally, Wednesday, May 12, 2021 was School Nurse Day. It is with pride and gratitude that we publicly thank our school nurses, Ms. Gainey and Ms. Neret. We surprised them with some impressive trophies in the school lobby. Nothing can express how grateful we are for their hard work this year to help keep families, students, and staff safe. It's official - we have the best nurses anywhere!
Senior Lawn Signs!!
Mrs. Karen Capobianco and family, have graciously designed and ordered Class of 2021 Lawn Signs for our seniors.
Mrs. Capobianco will be at Blue Hills, outside the Main Entrance, on Friday, May 14, from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Parents or family members are invited to pick up signs for display at your homes. The suggested donation at the time of pick up is $4.00 - any proceeds beyond the cost of the signs will be donated to the Matt Siwik Memorial Scholarship Fund.
Many thanks for Mrs. Capobianco for organizing this for our senior families. Can't wait to see all those signs up by the weekend!!
Additional thanks to the baseball team for helping to assemble and distribute the signs this week!
The Blue Hills Booster Club can be found on facebook for general information. You can find more detailed information through the school website by clicking on the Student/Parents tab then click on the Booster Club.
The Booster Club meets via zoom on the 4th Wednesday of each month. The calendar will provide information on store hours, meeting notes, times, and link to zoom, and upcoming events. If you should have any further questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com.
Covid-19 Information - From Nurse Gainey
Massachusetts has called off the flu shot requirement for this academic year, but it is still recommended that students receive a flu shot.
Please send your records of physical exams to Nurse Gainey.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
*DAILY SYMPTOM CHECK
EXPOSURE TO THE VIRUS CAN HAPPEN
What you do next will help control the spread of the infection:
TESTING, TRACING, ISOLATION, COMMUNICATION
- If you are sick with COVID-19 symptoms please stay home and get tested.
- If someone in your home tests positive you must quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if you become symptomatic.
- If you are informed that you are a close contact (within less than or equal to 6 feet for 10 to 15 minutes over 24 hours with or without mask or if someone coughed or sneezed directly in your unmasked face) you MUST quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if symptomatic.
- If a family member is identified as a close contact, and you are NOT symptomatic, you are expected to come to school. If that family member tested positive you would then be considered a close contact and be required to quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if you became symptomatic.
- If you return from out of state travel, you will be required to quarantine for fourteen days.
- Please notify the school firstname.lastname@example.org asap or call Mrs. Gainey RN @ 781-828-5800 X 2230 or Mrs. Pica @ X 2250 in Student Affairs if you are absent or to report a COVID-19 concern.
All students will receive free lunch and breakfast through the end of this school year.
Students that are learning at home are eligible for meal pickup - please click on the link below to place orders and learn more:
Blue Hills Regional Technical School
Blue Hills Regional Technical School’s mission is to continue its history of academic achievement, technical training and character development through a curriculum which emphasizes the integration of cutting-edge technical programs and challenging academic courses, enabling its students to become competent, caring and productive people in a diverse and changing world.
Community, Opportunity, Relevance, Employability