BVMS Important Information
Welcome to the 2021/22 School Year!
Dear BVMS Parents/Guardians,
We are looking forward to a fantastic 2021-2022 school year. The BVMS team has been planning and preparing for a smooth learning start, and we are looking forward to having a more “normal” year! As the first day of school approaches, we would like to provide you with some important information so that your student is ready to start school on Wednesday, August 11, 2021.
Please read this information carefully as it contains specific information regarding the pick-up of your student’s textbooks, pre-purchased ASB gear, and Chromebook checkout. A parent/guardian may accompany their student on campus and both the parent/guardian and student must wear masks and maintain social distance while inside any building on campus.
The process will move quickly for families who are prepared in advance. Here is some information to help in the preparation:
- Completion of the Required Family Annual Update: If a parent has not yet submitted this for their students, it needs to be completed by a household parent, and proof of residency documents must be uploaded in advance. Click here for directions.
- 7th Grade Only - TDAP/Varicella: Immunizations continue to be required to enroll and register for school. If you have not already completed your Annual Family Update in Infinite Campus, please do so and you can upload a copy of immunizations at that time. If you have any issues uploading your documents in the annual family update, you may turn in a copy of the immunization with the student's name printed clearly on the document during your school business day (use an envelope to ensure privacy). If you have already uploaded the document as part of your annual family update, there is nothing further you need to do. If you have any questions, please email our BVMS Health Clerk, Ellen Cortez at email@example.com
SCHEDULE: Beginning Tuesday, August 3, 2021, and running through Thursday, August 5, 2021, we will be following a set schedule by STUDENTS’ LAST NAME. To avoid the gathering of too many people, we will follow this schedule:
Enter: Please see the below and attached map.
Students and parents/guardians will enter through the side west gate onto campus and follow the arrows to the MPR. They will enter the first set of MPR doors and stop at the first table to check that registration has been completed online (and updated Tdap and Varicella records if the student is in 7th grade). Next students will be given information on how to access their schedule. Next students will pick up pre-ordered ASB gear. If items were not pre-ordered you can view samples of items being sold. If your student is interested in a tour of the campus please see a student ambassador at the tour table in the MPR.
Then students and the parent/guardian exit the MPR and will follow the arrows to the Media Center where they will pick up their textbooks and Chromebook (if applicable).
Exit: Please see the below and attached map.
Exit the media center out the double doors and out along the east side gate to the parking lot.
***Student ambassadors will be available to give students tours of the campus
Students and parents/guardians will not be permitted on campus without a mask which must be worn anytime you are indoors on campus. Please do not come earlier than the assigned time slot. In order for the process to work, we need your cooperation with the schedule, the process, and all protocols.
INFO ON HOW TO PURCHASE ASB GEAR
See below regarding how to purchase your PE clothing, Spiritwear Packs, & Yearbook pre-orders for next school year:
- All purchases will be online at our BVMS Hawkshop store. The link can be found here, or on our BVMS homepage.
- FAQ link to help with purchases & sizing.
- BVMS Hawkshop Tutorial (for account set up)
- SAVE MONEY by purchasing a package...See this super quick Video commercial link regarding the packages. The video also highlights single purchase items.
- The webstore works best on a computer; unfortunately, it doesn't always work well on a phone.
- For purchases made between August 2nd - August 8th, or for orders not filled (due to onsite inventory levels), a secondary pick-up day will be set for students to pick up during the school day the last week of August, pending vendor availability. (Our PE teachers are kept in the loop regarding purchasing & availability).
- Have questions about sizing, product, & spirit packs? Not a problem! We will have our ASB team onsite August 3-5 to answer your questions & sample sizes for you to check out.
- If you have additional questions, please do not respond to this email. Email our ASB Director, Mrs. Estee Davisson, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are requesting a device for your student please read the following important information.
You will click on the Google or Microsoft icon (circled in red in the graphic below) to sign in or you will need to create an account if you don't have a current Google or Outlook email. It's a very easy process to create. (For TVUSD staff who are also parents, you can use the staff login button.)
If you do not complete this in advance, you will have to complete one at the site in order to take a device home.
PLEASE NOTE - the link sometimes has issues when trying to connect using a phone or mobile device. If you receive an error message trying to connect to the form, please submit a help ticket (Click Here)
Click on Icon above to go directly to the Hawk Shop (works best on a computer)
For purchases made between August 2nd - August 8th, or for orders not filled (due to onsite inventory levels), additional pick up days will be set for students to pick up during the school day as more inventory comes in & as our ASB student team packages the orders. (Our PE teachers are kept in the loop regarding purchasing & availability - PE clothing is not needed the first week of school).
Student Schedules are available online via our Infinite Campus Parent and Student Portals!
BVMS 6th Grade Welcome and Orientation Newsletter and Video
Please click here to get all of the info you need to start Bella Vista Middle School!