The KCA Saint Weekly
News for the Saints
So many things....
- Events/Fundraising Committee meeting will be held Monday, April 11th at 4:30pm.
- Penny Wars will begin on Monday, April 11th and will end at the Sub, Soup, and Science dinner on April 21st. Pennies count as positive and any other coins are negative. Checks with pennies in the memo will also count as positive.
- Rummage and Plant Sale will be Saturday, April 16th from 8am to 2pm. Donations can be brought to the school Thursday, April 14th from 4:30pm to 6:30pm and Friday, April 15th from 10am to 6pm.
- Workers are still being sought to help with set up on Friday and to work shifts on Saturday. Please contact Becky Fogel, may call or text her at 573-257-6385.
1st Grade Blessed us with Chapel this week!
Calendar for the Saints
- 4/9-- Saints in Prayer, 10am
- 4/11-4/14-- Standardized Testing for the 3rd, 5th, and 8th grade classes. Please make sure your students are rested and attend these important school days.
- 4/11-- Scrip orders due by 4pm
- 4/12-- MS/HS Track meet at Fulton, 4pm (Come cheer on the Saints!)
- 4/14-- Better Together Sessions, 4:30pm and 6:30pm, Topic: More of Less of at KCA
- 4/16-- Annual Rummage Sale & Plant Sale, 8am to 2pm
Way to Go! It was reported that each 1st grader ACED their Spelling test this week!!!
Get the word out....
Kingdom Christian Academy is looking for those who want to invest in the lives of students. It is seeking resumes/CV for the following: Elementary Classroom Educators, Secondary Classroom Educators, Music and Band Educator, Office Manager, and Administrator. Please send correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Items to keep you in the KNOW...
- Lost & Found items will be placed in the foyer this week. All items left will make it into the rummage sale.
- Field Day is being scheduled for Tuesday, May 10th at 1pm, more details to follow. Organizer will need about 15-20 volunteers to help with the event.
- Vision and Hearing Screenings were held this last week for K-3, 5th and 7th. Emails have been sent to parents with results only if further evaluation is needed.
- The LAST day of school will be Wednesday, May 11th. School will be from 8am to 12pm. There will be no lunch on that day.
- Spring Concert (PK-8th) and Glory of Missouri Awards will be Thursday, May 5th at 6pm. It will be held at Union Hill Baptist Church in Holts Summit.
- A Google form will be in e-mailboxes this next week for families to catalog their 2015-2016 volunteer time.
- Several parents have asked to help with Staff Appreciation, but we are still in need of a lead organizer. Please contact me soon, if you are interested at: email@example.com
- Information about the Ann Taylor $500 Scholarship Essay will be given out this next week. The scholarship is available to students in the 5th-HS level. The essay will be due April 25th and presented to the recipient at the Spring Concert.
- Our office shredder has 'bit the dust'. We are looking to borrow a shredder until the end of the year or have one donated.