The Proud Pirate
A Newsletter for the Friends & Families of Furry Elementary!
At Furry, all Pirates have the right to be engaged in their learning, and feel safe, respected and loved at school.
What an amazing week! We started the week off by meeting all of our students and their families at Open House on Monday. It was so great to see everyone again! Our staff spent the day on Tuesday putting the finishing touches on their classrooms and on Wednesday we welcomed everyone back to school! We have been very busy learning about our teachers and friends as well as school and classroom rules. If you have any questions about what is happening in your child’s classroom, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your child’s teacher.
“The Proud Pirate” is our weekly newsletter that will be sent home via email and Bloomz each week. Please take a few minutes to read it so that you can stay in the loop of everything that is happening at Furry.
We're Learning How to Use Our PERKS!
A few reminders about our car line...
- If you are picking your child up from school and are driving a car, you must enter our car line from Randall Dr. in the mornings and afternoons. As long as you are making your way to school and in our line by 3:40 we'll be able to have your child in your car by 4:00. In the mornings, please be in line by 8:45. Our gate and doors remain open as long as you're in our line by 9:00.
- Please place your name tag on your dashboard at the end of the day so our staff can have your child waiting for you as you pull up to the side of the building.
- Your child should enter your car from the passenger side of your car. Please consider moving car seats around so that your child can safely enter and leave your car.
- Please use the time you're waiting in line to say good bye to your child and get them excited about their day. Many of our families use this time to read, practice sight and/or spelling words etc.
Click below for a short tutorial on how to join Bloomz as a parent!
A Message from our District Nurse, Lisa Miller!
Hello Pirate Families,
As a reminder, the shot records for our kindergarten students are due to school for State required vaccinations. Thank you to those who have already submitted your child's records! For those who have not submitted records, please do so as soon as possible. The due date is September 18th. If you have an allergy or other special consideration for vaccines, please contact your school nurse, Melissa Koch as soon as possible for the appropriate paperwork. All students must be accounted for by September 18th. The health department will be at PHS after school on September 12th for another vaccine clinic. Please call them at 419-626-5623 if you would like an appointment. As always, call us if you have any questions. Thank you and GO PIRATES!
Fall Mumkin Fundraiser
Dates to Remember
- September 2…Labor Day~No School!
- September 3…1/2 of Little Treasures Preschoolers attend school; Mumkin Fundraiser Kick-Off
- September 4…1/2 of Little Treasures Preschoolers attend school
- September 5…All Little Treasures Preschoolers attend school
- September 11…Perkins Local Schools Board Meeting @ Perkins High School, 6:00
- September 12…Vaccine Clinic @ PHS, 3:30 (More details to come.)