Hidden River Newsletter
Week of September 12 - 16, 2022
- SAVE THE DATES:
Mon., Sept. 12 - (A Day - Regular schedule)
Wed., Sept. 14 - Welcome Wednesday Kick-off 8:15-9:30am (click here for more info)
Thursday, Sept. 22 - BINGO for Books Family Night 5:30-7:30pm (more information next week)
What's in the Newsletter?
- Meet the Staff
- Family Staff Organization (FSO)
- Classroom Updates
- WEBsDAYs Photos
- FLIPSIDE (After-school)
- School Office hours are 8:00 am - 3:00 pm, Office phone 651-293-8860
- If your child will be absent please call the school and leave a message with Sue Roach 651-744-4750
- The school opens at 8:00am for drop-off and students should be picked up when school ends at 3:00pm.
Family Staff Organization (FSO) - formerly known as PTO
If you are reading this newsletter – you are a member of the Hidden River Family Staff Organization (formerly known as “the PTO”). We work to support Hidden River students, staff, families and the broader community and we could always use more help. There are many ways to be involved, you can:
1) COME TO A MEETING: Our meetings are typically held on the 3rd Thursday of the month in the Hidden River library. Our first meeting will be hosted by Hidden River’s Literacy Team on Thursday, September 22nd from 6 – 7:30 PM. Food and childcare will be provided. Details about upcoming meetings will always be published in this weekly newsletter.
2) DONATE: Donations make our programs possible. Tax-deductible contributions, in any amount, are appreciated and can be made online through Give MN (https://www.givemn.org/organization/Hiddenriver) or by sending a check (made out to Hidden River Family Staff Organization) to
Hidden River FSO
c/o Hidden River Middle School
1700 Summit Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55105
3) VOLUNTEER: There are a number of opportunities to volunteer in Hidden River throughout the school year. They will be listed here in the newsletter and on our webpage (https://hiddenrivervolunteers.weebly.com). If you'd like to join our mailing list to be the first to know when help is needed, please fill out this form.
4) JOIN THE FSO LEADERSHIP TEAM: We have a number of open positions - from co-chair to social media coordinator to fundraising. If you are interested in helping, drop us a note at HiddenRiverFSO@gmail.com and we can invite you to our next planning meeting on Sunday, September 18th at 3 PM or answer any of your questions.
Hidden River Fall Sports are Volleyball, Flag Football, Boys Soccer & Girls Soccer. There are no tryouts; every student who fills out a sports form and has a health physical on file with the school nurse makes the team. The fall sports forms will be passed out during lunch before the start of the season. There is also a fee of $10 which will cover the cost of the jersey.
Fall sports start on September 20th. Practice is right after school and usually lasts for an hour and a half to two hours each day. The student will practice at least four days a week but could practice five days; it depends on the coach and what days they choose to practice. There will be three games during the season, the season is eight weeks long, and the dates have not been announced yet by the district. Students will need their own transportation to the games. The games will be held at one of our seven high schools on a Saturday.
Students will need their own transportation home from practice each day; there is no transportation this year for students. If the Hidden River Middle does not have enough players to field a full squad, they will be combined with another school to have a whole team.
Please reach out to me with any questions.
Things needed for Physical Education class:
- Water bottle
- Athletic Shoes/Sneakers
Phones, iPads, or backpacks should not be brought to Physical Education class for safety. These materials should be put in lockers BEFORE they come to PE class.
MN Studies - 6th Grade
FLIPSIDE - After-School
We are so excited for another year of Flipside at Hidden River! Registration will be available soon and classes will begin on October 10th!