Little Rockets Newsletter
Neenah Joint School District 4K Program
2018-19 School Year
You will receive 4K Program information throughout the year, and it will come from "Washington School" as that is the home base school for the 4K program.
Those that attend Hoover and Wilson will also get information from the principal of that school. Students at A Child's Imagination (ACI) 4K will receive all of their school information from Washington School.
If you have any questions or need clarification about the 4K program, please send an email to email@example.com for the fastest response.
Thank you and I look forward to a wonderful school year with your 4K child!
NJSD 4K Program Administrator
Washington School Principal
Upcoming Important Dates!
- Friday, August 10th: LAST day to turn in transportation request forms to be guaranteed a bus route for the first day of school. (Forms turned in after that date may not have a bus route until the 2nd or 3rd week of school)
- Wednesday, August 15th: 6:00-7:00 PM: 4K Parent Orientation Meeting at Pickard for ALL 4K parents
- Tuesday, August 21st: Teacher assignments for Washington School will be posted online in the Parent Portal and in the Washington School office. Please do not call or email with questions about teacher assignments. You are welcome to stop by our office from 7:30-3:30 beginning August 21st.
- Thursday, August 23rd: 6:00-7:30 PM: Open House for 4K ACI students to be held at A Child's Imagination
- Monday, August 27th: 4:00-5:30: Open House & School pictures for AM STUDENTS at Washington School (this is not for 4K students who attend Hoover, Wilson or ACI)
- Tuesday, August 28th: 4:00-5:30: Open House & School pictures for PM STUDENTS at Washington School (this is not for 4K students who attend Hoover, Wilson or ACI)
- Wednesday, August 29th: 4:30-6:00: Open House for HOOVER 4K students (at Hoover!)
- Thursday, August 30th: 4:00-6:00: Open House for WILSON 4K students (at Wilson!)
- Tuesday, September 4th: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL for ALL!
4K Transportation Information
Transportation request forms were included with your child's placement letter and were due August 3rd. We will still accept these forms, but if they are not in and processed by this Friday, August 10, you are not guaranteed to have a bus route set up for your child for the first day of school.
Please remember that transportation TO the AM session has a radius policy to qualify. Your HOME address must be 2.0 miles or more away from your assigned 4K site (according to the most direct route as verified by Google Maps) in order for your child to get a route to school for the start of the AM session.
However, please note that ALL students qualify for transportation FROM the AM session and TO and FROM the PM session (as long as the address is in the NJSD boundaries; you did not ask for a Boundary Exemption; or you are not an Open Enrolled student).
You can download a copy of this form below.
Please fill out, scan, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 920-751-6914. If you don't have scanner or fax access, please drop off at our Administration Building, 410 S. Commercial Street, from 8:00-4:30.
Please email any questions to email@example.com
4K School Supply List
4K Parent Orientation at Pickard Auditorium
Wednesday, Aug. 15th, 6-7pm
1275 Tullar Road
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Online Registration & School Fee Information
With families enrolling as early as February for the 4K program, we feel it's important to ensure information hasn't changed over the last few months. Sometimes people move, change phone numbers, change their place of employment, emergency contacts, etc and it's very important if we need to reach you quickly should your child become ill at school or communicate other important information to you effectively.
In addition to updating demographic information, students must have annual release agreements to use technology, go on field trips, have photos taken, etc. These releases are all included within the Online Registration.
Fees ($25.00/year for 4K) can also be paid through the "online payments" link in the red box in the upper right hand corner of the NJSD webpage.
If you need assistance completing this or haven't yet set up an account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not complete the online registration and fee payment process, you will need to pay these fees during Open House. Please stop in the office for questions or assistance with this process.
The following are OPEN HOUSE dates/times for the 2018-19 school year:
A Child's Imagination: Thursday, August 23rd from 6:00-7:30 PM
Hoover Elementary: Wednesday, August 29th from 4:30-6:00 PM
Wilson Elementary: Thursday, August 30th from 4:00-6:00
Washington School of Early Learning:
AM STUDENTS: Monday, August 27th from 4:00-5:30
PM STUDENTS: Tuesday, August 28th from 4:00-5:30
Washington School will also be taking SCHOOL PICTURES during this time. Please see the picture link below for more information.
SCHOOL PICTURES at Washington School
- Doors will open at 3:30 for school pictures (Classrooms will begin seeing students at 4:00)
- You can prepay using the online link below.
- You can print out the form and bring it in during your child's scheduled Open House time
- Forms will be available from the photographers
Please note: A Child's Imagination, Hoover, and Wilson 4K students will have a different date for school pictures. This information will be sent out at a later date from your school principal.