Leading the Way
Region 6 Leadership Update
- Stop looking at emails first thing...look at your calendar and lists first and let that drive your day vs. letting your emails distract and disrupt your schedule from the start.
- Stop planning to do 10 things or more per day...plan to complete 3 key things per day...if you have leftover time, great, but stick to 3 to begin with.
- Stop saying yes to everything...tactfully say no or renegotiate commitments.
- Stop working while you process emails and processing emails while you work...work in 1 of 3 modes at a time: Email mode, Calendar/List mode, or Surprise mode.
"Life is unlikely to slow down any time soon. Follow these four tips to reclaim your time, attention, and energy. Stress-free productivity is possible, but only if you control your incoming requests and existing projects rather than letting them control you."
TEA Winter Storm Uri Update
○ Waivers - page 1
- Item #1 - Missed School Day (school closed) waiver vs “Other” waiver (fully remote)
- Item #7 - Due to extensive damage, …what are my options?
○ Financial Assistance - page 4
○ SNAP Benefits - page 6, item #13
○ Mental Health Resources - page 7, item #14
- Texas Project Restore
- Training available to access
Student Assessment update
- Updated 2020-2021 English Learner Reclassification Criteria and Guidance (PDF)
- May 28, 2021 - extended administration window
SAVE THE DATE!!
ESC 6 - TRS Resources and Activities Collection Update
AVAILABLE NOW! The Resources and Activities Collection of TEKS Resource System is accessible exclusively through education service centers (ESCs). These resources are intended to support the TEKS Resource System curricular content, can be used in both synchronous and asynchronous environments and are password protected.
If you are a TEKS Resource System subscriber and would like more information, contact Jill Rouse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEKS Resource System Gap Tools are available! A recording of the Gap Tool Implementation training can be found on the web page listed below.
In addition, a TRS Navigation Training was developed.
A recording of this session can be found on the following web page.
RUBY PAYNE TRAINING
TEACHER INCENTIVE ALLOTMENT
We have rescheduled the second ESC 6 Teacher Incentive Allotment Regional Networking Meeting for Wednesday, March 10th at 1:00 PM (flier attached). Please register for the event at the following link: #438630 ESC 6 TIA Networking Meeting and be sure to share with anyone you feel would like to attend (flier Attached). The Zoom link will be sent out to all registered participants the day prior to the event.
On the agenda for the March 10th meeting, District Leadership from Anderson-Shiro CISD will be sharing their experiences as a TIA Cohort A District. During our March 22nd meeting, we will have the Superintendent from Lubbock ISD, Dr. Kathy Rollo, sharing their experiences with TIA. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Additional Leadership and Learning PD Opportunities:
There are many updates and professional development opportunities. Please share the attached flyers with your staff.
text @esc6leader to the number 81010