3H Class Newsletter
March 14, 2013
Poet in Residence
Check out what we've been learning!
Reading: Children practiced making inferences and deciphering the author's purpose in a chapter from Ramona and Beezus and Judy Moody. We've gotten really great at figuring out what the author doesn't tell us directly, and we continue to improve on how to identify the author's purpose. Asking your child why they think an author wrote a particular text or paragraph is a wonderful question to ask while you read with your child at night!
Math: Children continued to bolster their multiplication and division fact power and apply that knowledge to more complicated problems like word problems and problems with parentheses. Children did a wonderful job learning the basics of the order of operations and will be taking their Unit 7 test this Friday. Please make sure your child is practicing his or her multiplication and division facts each evening.
Science: Children continue to work on their concrete poems which display their predictions for the five unknown chemicals we tested over the past few months. When children are finished their poems, they will discover the identities of the unknown chemicals!
Study Island & Phys. Ed.
Tuesday - Day 6
Library & Art
Wednesday - Day 1
Spanish & Phys. Ed.
Thursday - Day 2
Friday - Day 3
Health & Computers
Important Dates & Reminders!
- It is important that all third graders leave third grade having mastered their multiplication and division facts. The children should be able to answer 100 multiplication and/or division facts in 5 minutes and, most importantly, apply that fact knowledge to word problems. Please back sure your child studies each evening.
- Please make sure your child is reading each night! Please see the link on this page or go to this website http://epe.leeschools.net/PDF/KRdgCompQs.pdf for questions you can ask to help bolster your child's comprehension skills.
- Wednesday, March 19 - PTA meeting
- Monday, March 24 - Report cards in Genesis
- Friday, April 4 - Family Movie Night (Frozen) 6:15pm