Fun in Fourth Grade
A Newsletter About Our Fantastic 4th Grade "Chastain-ians"
Heartfelt Thanks & Shout Outs
Thank you so much to all of our families for taking the time to meet with me this week to discuss your child's progress. I would like to shout out all of the Chastain-ians, for working so hard and showing terrific growth in the second trimester. Can you believe how quickly the school year is going by?
A Night Under the Stars!
Pioneer Day Parent Meeting
Clubs Volunteers Needed
English Language Arts
- Students will be working on vocabulary relating to metric units of measurement on Quizlet. Here they have the chance to study from online flash cards and play games to help them learn these terms. This vocabulary list will be tested on Friday, April 8th.
- Students will be working on Spelling City List #20 upon their return. Students should complete all activities by that Friday in preparation for the spelling test that will be given that day in class.
- We will pause briefly from Literature Circles. (Don't worry! They will be back.) Students will be learning effective strategies for responding to literary prompts.
- Students will begin working on the narrative writing genre after break. We will talk about setting the scene, effective use of dialogue and sensory details, as well as how to use time order words and phrases.
- Upon our return we will delve into study of metric units of measurement in Chapter 12. IXL Strands that relate to this unit of study include: N.8-N.13.
We will be wrapping up our earth science unit by learning about volcanoes. How do volcanoes form? How does a volcanic eruption occur, and shape the surface of the earth? What is the affect of this natural disaster on humans?
When we return, students will begin a simulation of pioneers' journey west! They will learn about many of the challenges faced by those who ventured to California.
Check out Ms. Jackson's website to see what's currently happening in art.
- March 21-April 1: Spring Break
- March 25 at 8:30 to 10:00 p.m.: Night Under the Stars on Del Paso campus.
- April 7: Optional Picture Day; The day will be free dress for all students, but only students whose parents have pre-paid AND filled out this form will have their pictures taken.
- April 11 at 5:30 a.m. in Mrs. Chastain's Classroom: Parent Meeting for Pioneer Day!
- April 16: International Festival
- Week of April 18th: Smarter Balance Testing window for ELA (not all days will be testing)
- Week of April 25th: Smarter Balance Testing window for Math (not all days will be testing)
- May 3: Mid-Trimester AR Goal Check
- May 25: Open House
- May 30: Memorial Day, No School!
- June 15: Last Day of School