Holy Name of Mary Catholic School, June 2019
It has been a very busy year with all of the changes at Holy Name of Mary. We are finally in the home stretch, and we are hopeful that by the time everyone comes back in the fall all our construction will be done. Thank you to all our families for your patience and support during this challenging year!
We wish you all a fantastic year end and a relaxing summer with your families. We truly feel blessed to teach your children and we look forward to seeing them again in the fall.
Have a great summer!
- Tuesday, June 4th: Mrs. Scott & Mme Austin's classes to Merivale Bowling and Stittsville Pottery
- Friday, June 7th: Grade 7 & 8 classes to Camp Iawah
- Wednesday, June 12th: Mme Dods, Mrs. Charron and Ms. Buchanan's classes to the Canadian Museum of Science and Technology
- Monday, June 17th: Mr. Bujacz and Mr. Wilson's classes to the Canadian Museum of Science and Technology.
- Wednesday, June 19th: Kindergarten classes to the Almonte Fire Station and to the Beckwish Splash Pad.
- Thursday, June 20th: Grade 7 & 8 classes to the Summer Solstice festival at Vincent Massey Park.
- Wednesday, June 26th: Mrs. Reid, Ms. Koehler and Mme Francis' classes to Gemmill Park for a picnic and fun at the splash park.
- Thursday, June 27th: Mrs. Caldwell and Mme. Empey's classes to Mooney's Bay Beach
The Maker Mobile is coming!
Regional Track Meet
Scholastic Book Fair
- Wednesday, June 12th: 9:30am-3:30pm and 4:30-6:30pm
- Thursday, June 13th: 9:30am-3:30pm
- Friday, June 14th: 9:30am-3:30pm
The Junior 3-Pitch tournament will be held at Conlon Recreational Park in Perth on Tuesday, June 18th.
Teamoeba is blasting off!
The team's experiment tests the survival in space of the probiotic bacteria necessary in the production of yogurt, and essential in human health. As the team is studying these tiny organisms, they named themselves 'Teamoeba'! They will travel to NASA Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia from June 17th-21st to present their work to all the Cubes teams and NASA staff and to watch the rocket launch. Good luck, Teamoeba!
Outdoor Fun Day
Grade 8 Graduation Events
- Clap out @ 3:00pm
Wednesday, June 26th
- Grad Breakfast @ 9:30am
- Graduation Ceremony @ 6:30pm at Holy Name of Mary Parish
- Graduation Slide Show and Dance from 8:00pm-10:00pm at the school
From the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
Get Ready For Summer
- Be careful of becoming the “entertainment director”. Make a bucket list of activities with your kids or teens. Aim for at least half of the ideas to be free!
- Set ground rules for screen times. Balance indoor activities with enjoying the great outdoors!
- It’s easier to stay calm with your family when your own needs are met. Find some personal “me-time” to enjoy.