4K A.M. Class
January 4, 2016
Happy New Year!
- Class resumes on Monday, January 4th.
- Please send your child's winter clothes (snow pants, boots, jacket, mittens/gloves, and hat) to school every day. We will try and go out as much as we can weather/time permitting. Continue having your child practice getting their own gear on...we will be here to help, but with 20 children it does take quite a bit of time.
This Week... January 4th-7th
- We will be working on reading color words in our new book bag book called See My Snowman.
- Since we have snow now...we will be sequencing how to make a snowman. If you have the opportunity, try making a snowman with your child and ask them if they can remember the order of sequence.
- We are starting Calendar Binders. Each child will have their own binder to work in during calendar time. We will focus on tracing numbers, knowing the difference between yesterday was/today is/and tomorrow will be, and graphing the weather using tally marks. At the end of the month, your child will receive their January calendar and graph page for you to see and discuss with them. Look for pictures of Calendar Binder time in next week's newsletter.
- At writing time, we will be learning how to label pictures on label paper.
Letter K Activities...
1. Make a kite.
2. Play kickball.
3. Lock the door with a key.
4. Dress up like a king.
5. Look for kittens.
6. Play with kitchen gadgets in the klitchen.
7. Give a kiss.
8. Make kabobs.
Practice writing "K" down, slant in, slant out
Practice writing "k" down, slant in, slant out
Please bring a show and tell object that starts with the letter Kk on Thursday, January 7th. Have your child practice sharing one detail about their object to a family member to prepare them for our Show & Tell community circle time.