Middle School Weekly Wrap Up
September 14, 2018
- Remember to include the date on your lesson plans along with your name when saving.
- Lesson plans need to be saved the day before the lesson is taught.
- Wednesday, September 19, No School - holiday
- Tuesday, September 18, Bridget out of the office for KOP Principal Meeting
- Reminder that the Act 48 surveys for both the Virtual PD and the Face-to-Face PD are due by the close of school today, Friday, 9/14. Here are links:
- As per an email staff received from Jim Donovan on August 28, “all expenses relating to F2F PD must be submitted by Friday, September 14. Any expenses received after this date will not be reimbursed.”
Suicide Prevention Month
- Middle School ELA teachers will post the following statement in their class sessions: “September is Suicide Prevention Month. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)”
- The week of Sept 24 – 28, Middle School English teachers will post slides from #BeThe1To. On the first day of classes that week, teachers will read the following to their students:
This is National Suicide Prevention Month. At Agora, we want to focus on action through the #BeThe1To campaign. For the rest of the week, you will see a different slide each day about how you can Be The 1 To make a change. If you would like to learn more about the campaign, you can go to http://www.bethe1to.com . If you would like to talk to someone, please reach out to your School Counselor. This week, you can also “have lunch” with Mrs. Bregenser from 11:30 – 12:30PM in her BBC room https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=559&password=M.7767B7204D3EC9F756EB225B8C1A41 . You can Be The One to make a change!
- During the week of Sept. 24 – 28, there will be a forum each day from 11:30 – 12:30 with Maegan Bregenser, Jen Barrios, and school counselors. During these times, students will be able to visit with our crisis staff to gather more information or just talk.
- The #BeThe1To campaign web address (http://www.bethe1to.com) will be added to our school website along with the information below. In addition, families will receive #BeThe1To materials from our parent engagement team.
#BeThe1To is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline’s message for National Suicide Prevention Month and beyond, spreading the word about actions we can all take to prevent suicide. The Lifeline network and its partners are working to change the conversation from suicide to suicide prevention, to actions that can promote healing, help and give hope. Together, we can prevent suicide by learning to help ourselves, help others, seek consultation from trained providers (hotlines and clinicians) and to seek hospital care when necessary. Learn about each step and why the steps are effective here.
Call options for immediate support:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line - Text HOME to 741 741
TREVOR Project - 866-488-7386
Trans Lifeline - 877-565-8860
Active Crisis or unsafe–text to 741741 any of the following: TEEN (which will place you on hold until they get someone) or HELLO or PA or HOME. These will lead to a few questions, then connect you to a person for help.
Math CDT Assessment Information:
The Math CDT will be conducted in homeroom with the homeroom teacher in the morning at 9:00 AM on Thursday, September 20th to ensure we get participation from all students. Starting at 11:20 we will then have a shortened class schedule.
Please refer to the information that Colleen has sent to everyone pertaining to CDT. All questions should be directed to her if any concerns arise regarding CDT. She will be available via Teams and email. She will also be sending out completion reports nightly to keep everyone informed of student progress.
Please also review the NEW an Updated CDT Class Schedule for 9/20 which can be found in the Teacher Reference guide and below.