How eating a vegetable based diet improves your way of life.
- Approximately ________ million Americans are vegetarian
- Some scientists believe that though the human body can process meat, it was designed to be a(n) ________________
- On one acre of land, 20,000 lbs of potatoes can be made. Only ______ lbs of meat can be produced.
- _______% of oats grown in the U.S. are produced for livestock
- Approximately _______ gallons of water is needed to produce 1 lb of wheat.
- About _________ gallons are needed to produce 1 lb of meat.
- Vegetarians are _______% less likely to die from heart disease.
- ______________ has the worlds most vegetarians, CLUE: they also have the lowest obesity rate
- The average American eats about ________ lbs of meat per year
Scientist Elizabeth Blackburn found that a vegan diet changed more than 500 genes in just 3 months. It activated genes that prevented disease and deactivated genes that caused various cancers and other illnesses.
What If The World Went Vegetarian?
"People eat meat and think they will become strong as an ox, forgetting that the ox eats grass."
vegetarian- someone who does not eat any red or white meat due to moral, religious, or health reasons
diet- the food that a person eats
vegan- a person who does not eat or use any sort of animal product