Welcome to Georgia Virtual School
Business Communication and Presentation Course
First Task for the Course
Welcome to Georgia Virtual School. I am Ms. Stephanie Felton and I will be teaching this course. The student’s first task is to complete the Student Orientation Course. It is important to complete topics in order and complete all items on the checklist.
The following items are required for the completion of the Student Orientation Course (SOC):
- students complete all sign off
- students complete all agreement quizzes
- students make a 100% on the final Student Orientation Quiz.
- Students may choose to opt out of the Student Orientation Course; however, students who elect to opt out of the Student Orientation Course are still responsible for all content presented in the course.
Students must finish or opt out of the SOC before gaining access to the course. Students will not gain access to the course until the first start date or one workday after the semester has begun on January 6, 2014.
Students will select a start date of January 6, January 21, February 3, or February 18. Regardless of the start date, the course ends May 9, 2014. Student work is due bi-weekly on Fridays at midnight. Check course schedules for specific due dates (found in syllabus). Work turned in after the deadline on the course schedule will be accepted within 1 week with a late penalty assessed. Late penalty begins on Saturday and is deducted at a rate of 10% of the assignment value per school day. Work submitted on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday is considered 1 day late.
Synchronous Office Hours will be held on Tuesdays at 6:00 pm - Jan. 7th will be the first and will answer all questions about the course and how to find what you need.
Jan 6, Jan 21, Feb 3, or Feb 18
Come to Jan 7th Synchronous Office Hours
Sign in as a guest. Learn about course and get all questions answered.
Important Parent Information
The Parent Account gives you information about your child’s grades and progress in their course. If your child’s grade drops below a 75, you will receive an automated phone call. If your child’s grade drops below a 70, you will receive a phone call from me.
If you already have a parent account please do NOT create a new one.
1) Please check to see that your parent account is linked to your student’s account.
2) For more information click Help on the Log in page or click the following link. http://helpdesk.gavirtuallearning.org/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/14/gavs-parent-info
If you are uncertain about whether you have a parent account or not,
1) Log in to GAVS at www.gavirtualschool.org and at the Log In page type in your username and password.
2) For more information click Help at the top of the Log In page or click the following link. http://helpdesk.gavirtuallearning.org/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/14/gavs-parent-info
*Information for parents who have NEVER created a parent account.
1) Login to our website www.gavirtualschool.org
2) Click the “Log In To GAVS” icon
3) Click “Create An Account” from the navigation bar.
4) You will need to know your child’s GTID and date of birth.
5) Please follow the directions on the screen.
6) Be sure you have linked your parent account to your student’s account.
7) For more information simply click HELP at the top of the Log In page or click the following link. http://helpdesk.gavirtuallearning.org/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/14/gavs-parent-info
Georgia Virtual School will have D2L Help Sessions for students and parents on Adobe Connect on the following dates:
Tuesday, January 7 at 11AM
Thursday, January 9 at 7PM
Tuesday, January 21 at 11AM
Thursday, January 23 at 7PM
Tuesday, February 4 at 11AM
Thursday, February 6 at 7PM
Tuesday, February 18 at 11AM
Thursday, February 20 at 7PM
You will join by entering the meeting as a Guest. Your username is your first and last name. Here is the link to join each D2L Session:
The space for each session is limited. We ask everyone to join the session using only ONE computer at your home. If the session is full, the recording will be posted within the learning management system and you will have an opportunity to review the recording OR attend another upcoming meeting. The schoolwide D2L meetings are separate from individual Welcome sessions held by each teacher. Please plan to attend the meeting with your teacher as well. Your teacher will notify you about the date of that meeting.
Additionally, I will conduct synchronous office hours for students once per week on Tuesdays at 6:00 pm. Our welcome session will be this week, Jan. 7th.
If you have questions or concerns, feel free to email me or call at the number below.