Sydney C. Bl: 2
What is Depression?
Harmful/emotional effects of Depression
- Affects the immune system, making it harder for your body to fight infections
- Depression has also been linked to heart disease and increased risk for substance abuse
- Increases levels of stress hormones such as adrenaline.
- Feeling helpless or worthless
- Decreased energy, increased faigue
How can you fix depression? How can others help with this issue?
- Get in a routine
- Set goals
- Eat healthy
- Get enough sleep
Others helping with this issue
First of all, you should learn about depression. If someone you love or your friend is in depression, don't help them. It's not your fault that they are depressed nor responsible of his or her happiness. Recovery is in the hands of the depressed person. Talking to them is more efficient like asking; When did you begin feeling like this? Did something happen that made you start feeling this way? How can I best support you right now? Have you though about getting help? Remember, being supportive involves offering encouragement and hope.