The Bubonic Plague
by: Avery Trigg
How to get the bubonic plague...
- The Bubonic Plague is a disease that is typically passed from rodents to other animals and humans via the bite of a flea.
- The flea has a bacteria that causes it to live on the skin of the rodent.
- Humans can also acquire the disease by direct contact with the infected tissue.
- The bacteria enter the bloodstream and travels to various organs including the brain.
- The Bubonic Plague has been a HUGE cause of misery and death throughout history.
- If you had the Bubonic Plague then you were most likely gonna die :(
- over 20,000 people died of this disease by 1563.
symptoms of the back death
- swelling of the lymph nodes.
- very high fever
- muscular pains
- bleeding in the lungs
it was no wonder that the black death was so feared by the people of the Elizabethan era.