Kansas State Standards - Anna & Taylor
These are the concepts that you will learn in Kindergarten
Science as Inquiry
1. The student identifies properties of objects
2. The student describes an observation orally and pictorially
1. The student separate or sorts a group of objects or materials by properties
1. The students examines the structures/parts if living things.
Earth and Space Science
The student will observe and compare objects in the sky
1. The student observes and recognizes the sun, moon, stars, clouds, birds, airplanes, and other objects in the sky
2. The student describes that the sun provides light and warmth
The student will describe changes in weather.
1. The student observes changes in the weather from day to day
2. The student discuss weather safety procedures
1. The student explores the way things work
Science in personal and environmental perspectives
1. The student engages in personal care
2. The student discusses healthy foods
3. The student discusses that humans need to practice being safe
History and nature of science
1. The student is involved in exploration that make his/her mind wonder and know that he/she is practicing science.
2. The student uses technology to learn about people in science