Library News for WVWC Staff
We value the traditional and embrace the new
This newsletter is intended to highlight some of the collections and services that the Annie Merner Pfeiffer Library offers to the staff, as well as to the students and faculty.
Collections: To Inform, Inspire, and Entertain
- More than 150,000 print books
- More than 250,000 electronic books
- More than 100 databases
- DVDs, Current Fiction, College Archives, and more!
If you have requests for materials to be added to the library collections, contact Paula McGrew at email@example.com. We seek to provide access to the best information for the entire WVWC Community.
Even if you are not involved in classes at the moment, these can be a great resource for helping your children or grandchildren with homework!
Places: To Meet, Explore and Think
- Beautiful Building
- Cafe Libros
Stop in and connect with people and ideas over a cup of coffee at the Cafe Libros.
The Upshur Reading Room in the back of the first floor is a wonderful spot for speakers, readings, and other events. The library of today is serving much as the The Town Square: a place to find information and to discuss ideas. AND we have a beautiful mural, created in Spring 2012 by student artist Spencer Kinnard, which serves as an attractive and inspirational backdrop for such gatherings. Contact Beth Rogers for scheduling of this space).
Meetings are often held in the Rare Book Room and the Curriculum Lab, both located on the second floor.
Contact the front desk (x8013) or any library staff member to be put on the calendar for this.
Services: To Teach, Reach, and Support
- Workshops are open to all staff as well as students and faculty. We have things that you may find helpful for your work or interesting for personal pursuits.
- Personal and departmental consultations
(Contact Beth Rogers to schedule or request topics)
- Interlibrary Loan: If you need something that is not available in our collection you can request it by going to the Interlibrary Loan Link on the top right side of our webpage. For questions, contact Carol Smith.
- We even have our own YouTube Channel at AMPLibraryWVWC - launched in the Spring of 2012, which will provide some entertaining and informative videos. Here is an example. You might want to share these with your students! And, as always, we take requests.
Connect With Us!
- Chat with a librarian on our webpage
- Text a librarian at 304-460-1695
- Facebook (Annie Merner Pfeiffer Library)
- Twitter (Follow @AMPLibrary)