Early Childhood Update
Parents as Teachers
If you would like to sign up for Parents as Teachers please fill out the form using the link below. Or, you can pick up a paper copy at the preschool. Once you have registered you will be contacted by your parent educator.
If you have any questions, call the preschool office at 836-4434 or email email@example.com.
Thursday, Oct. 21st, 4-5pm
Edith Teter Preschool
More Than A Pumpkin
- Talk about what the pumpkin looks, feels and smells like.
- Make a prediction about what is inside.
- Carefully cut open the pumpkin.
- Feel the insides, talk about what they look, feel, and smell like. Talk about whether or not your predictions were correct.
- Look closely at a seed. (Supervise this well for kids under three because seeds can be a choking hazard.)
- Discuss where pumpkins might come from and how they grow.
- Cut pieces out of the pumpkin in shapes. Dip the shapes in paint and use them as stamps to create artwork.
- Use golf tees and a hammer to hammer holes into the pumpkin.
- Rinse the seeds and roast them in the oven. Then talk about what they taste like.