Harris Weekly Update
Summer Edition 1
Title I Summer Library Program
Summer School - Still Time to Register
Are you ready for summer? There is still time to register for a number of our elementary summer school classes with places available. This includes classes for both elementary and junior high students. Please click here to view the catalog of classes available and register today! www.gilbertschools.net/summerschool
Upcoming Events at Harris
Meet the Teacher Night, 5:00 - 6:30
Governing Board Meeting, 6:00 (@District)
Early Release @1:55
Early Release @1:55
District Preschool Programs 2023 / 2024
VIK Information 2023 / 2024
Important Daily School Reminders
- Handicap Parking is for those that either have a designated plate or sticker prominently displayed. DO NOT park in this zone if you do not have a plate or sticker
- There is NO LEFT TURN when leaving the Harris parking lot during the hours of 2:30PM-3:00PM
- Students cannot arrive on campus until 7:45 AM as there is NO School Supervision until this time. For the safety of your child, please be sure they are not left unattended.
- Reminders: Parents will not be allowed inside the building without prior approval. Safety for our children must remain top priority.
- Students will not be removed from their classrooms until parents arrive even if calling in advance.
- Please remember to bring your ID when picking up your student during school hours. This is for the safety of your student.
- The cut-off time to pull students out early is 2:35PM (1:35PM on Weds) If you arrive after this time to sign your child out, you will have to wait until the dismissal bell rings.
- We understand life happens and there are times when you may be late after school to pick up your child. Please be sure to communicate with the front office if this should occur. Otherwise, we expect your child to be picked up on time as school ends promptly @ 2:55 PM (1:55PM on Weds) (11:55AM on half days)
What Does It Mean To Be A Title I School?
Title I is the largest federal aid program for public schools. Schools can be designated as “Title I” if certain criteria are met. Title I is the federal government’s commitment to closing the achievement gap between low-income and moderate to high income students. These funds are used to help all students meet academic standards. Click the links below to learn more!
How We Implement Title Funds at Harris
I have been at Harris since 2018. I am a member of this community and I am very dedicated to our students and families. I am very happy and proud to be part of the Harris Hawk family!